Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Sony Playstation Vue

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-19, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Re: Sony Playstation Vue

Sucks, imo it had one of the better interfaces on the market.
Old 10-31-19, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

Good/interesting article about Playstation Vue's decision to shut down and some comparisons of its strengths to other existing options:
https://www.techhive.com/article/344...ned-shame.html
Old 10-31-19, 07:06 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Interesting, but funny when the article stated comparisons on what alternatives there were for the price, Hulu wasn’t mentioned. And you get nearly all of the same channels for $43.99/month. Since they never had a lot of subscribers, I doubt their demise won’t have any long term effects in the cable cutting wars.

Oh, and Hulu recently revamped their live channel layout, mirroring nearly everyone else.
Old 11-01-19, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by E Unit
Oh, and Hulu recently revamped their live channel layout, mirroring nearly everyone else.
Only on some devices. It has not rolled out to the Android TV app yet, for example.

Old 11-25-19, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thought this might be helpful to other PS Vue subscribers looking for a new service: after checking out a few, I've settled on YoutubeTV. I have broadcast TV mainly for live sports and Youtube TV has some good things going for it in that regard:
  • Excellent lineup of sports channels in the base package
  • Excellent high frame rate streaming quality in my experience so far
  • There's a nice stats feature that lets you pull up current stats for the sporting event you're watching
  • Great cloud DVR implementation and features
A couple of minor complaints:
  • The "last channel" button on the remote is not implemented for the app. However, you can get back to the previous channel by pressing Down->Down->Down->Enter with the way the GUI currently works.
  • On the Guide, college sporting events just show what teams are playing, but it doesn't indicate what the sport is or whether it is men's or women's

I generally try to avoid Google services, but given my options, YoutubeTV appears to be the best one for me at the moment.