Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

The Official WWE Network Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-14, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Re: The Official WWE Network Thread

Looks like they are in no hurry to add programming to the Vault.
Old 03-10-14, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is anyone else having issues with the Road to Wrestlemania specials on the Roku? The first one crashed (booted out of the app) whenever I'd select "play from beginning". This kept up until the second one was added. Then I could finally watch the first one without any issues. I figured they finally fixed things, but when I went to watch the second one last night, crash and burn exactly like the first one used to. I've only watched a couple other things, but so far nothing else has booted me out like that.
Old 03-11-14, 06:30 PM

Received 543 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by Jediturtle
Is anyone else having issues with the Road to Wrestlemania specials on the Roku?
Do you mean the Wrestlemania Rewind show? I had the same problem on my Roku. Episode 2 crashes the app (episode 1 works fine).

The show works fine on my AppleTV.
Old 03-12-14, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Do you mean the Wrestlemania Rewind show? I had the same problem on my Roku. Episode 2 crashes the app (episode 1 works fine).

The show works fine on my AppleTV.
Ahh...yea...that's the one. Brain fade. I noticed last night that episode 3 is up. That one works, but 2 still crashes out.

Such a great service...I hope they are able to work all of the bugs out soon and Wrestlemania goes off without a hitch!
Old 03-12-14, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got home from work and it looks like the network is down again. On my Iphone it says i'm not authorized to view content, my Roku devices say the stream is not available, and nothing is working on my PC? Can anyone get the stream or on demand shows to work?
Old 03-12-14, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like it is down for me,also. Worked fine this morning.

Hopefully they are stock piling the Vault.

Update: It's working again.

Last edited by dvd-4-life; 03-12-14 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-15-14, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 230 Likes on 179 Posts

Watching the New Blood Rising PPV from 2000. This is so bad it's funny.
Old 03-15-14, 06:33 PM

I'm loving the old Legends Of Wrestling roundtable discussion show. I hope they do some new episodes.
Old 03-15-14, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
I'm loving the old Legends Of Wrestling roundtable discussion show. I hope they do some new episodes.
Just coming to post this. They've added a couple of new ones recently. For me, it makes the network 100% worth it. Wish they'd make 2 per month and everything else would be gravy.
Old 03-15-14, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by The Dude
They've added a couple of new ones recently.
There's also the Texas Wrestling episode that hasn't been added to the show listing yet. But you can watch it now by going to the Schedule section (it's on Wednesday, March 19th at 2am EST). It's a great episode with Dusty, Michael Hayes, Bill Watts and JR. Too bad they cut it short at 1 hour. These guys barely touched on the history and could have kept going all night.
Old 03-16-14, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Texas one has been great so far. The Little Bobo story had me rolling.
Old 03-18-14, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Legends House - which stars Jimmy Hart, Mean Gene Okerlund, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Hillbilly Jim, Howard Finkel, Jimmy Hart, Roddy Piper, Pat Patterson and Tony Atlas.will finally been seen. (the series was shot in 2012) It will premiere on the WWE Network on April 17 - 8:00 pm ET-9:00 pm ET.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 03-19-14 at 01:41 PM. Reason: I was a week early on when it premieres - also added the time it airs.
Old 03-19-14, 12:07 AM

I was watching the NWO Beyond the Ring episode this morning and I had to leave so I stopped the video with about 20 minutes left. Turned off the PS4 and when I just got home to play it, it picked up right where
i left off. Not sure if its added for all videos or if this is just a one off.
Old 03-19-14, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by bluthswede6
I was watching the NWO Beyond the Ring episode this morning and I had to leave so I stopped the video with about 20 minutes left. Turned off the PS4 and when I just got home to play it, it picked up right where i left off. Not sure if its added for all videos or if this is just a one off.
It's happening on the Roku too. And it's not limited to the most recent program viewed. It's also remembering my place on stuff I watched a couple days ago. It gives you the option to Resume or Watch From The Beginning.
Old 03-19-14, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Awesome. I need to confirm if this has rolled out to PS3 yet.
Old 03-19-14, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

WWE Network offers free week for those who canceled.

Written by Dave Meltzer - WrestlingObserver.com -

The WWE sent out an e-mail today to people who canceled the network, offering them a second free week if you order by Saturday.

An e-mail featured a photo of the Bella Twins and listed that a network subscription gets you WrestleMania and 1,700 hours of content.
Old 03-21-14, 06:24 PM

Here's a couple episodes you can watch now through the Scheduled Listings, but haven't been added to the Archive yet.

Legends Of Wrestling - Patriotic Wrestlers
Today at 8pm & 11pm EST

Legend Of Wrestling - Canadian Wrestlers
Tuesday, March 25th at 8am EST

Beyond The Ring - Mick Foley
Saturday, March 22nd at 8pm & 11pm EST
Monday, March 24th at 8pm & 11:30pm EST
Tuesday, March 25th at 5:30pm EST

Wrestlemania Rewind - Bret Hart vs Owen Hart & Bret Hart vs Yokuzuna at WM10
Tuesday, March 25th at 9pm EST
Wednesday, March 26th at 12am EST
Old 03-21-14, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

There is an episode of Smackdown! as well, the one where Randy Orton and John Cena made their television debut.
Old 03-21-14, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe they will increase programming because the free preview is ending.
Old 03-26-14, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

More live programming coming to the Network. From PWI:

During the latest edition of the Michael Cole and JBL podcast on iTunes, it was announced that:

*WWE would broadcast a live "Wrestlemania Today" show on The WWE Network from AXXESS on Thursday, Friday and Saturday (4/3 - 4/5).

*WWE would host a live "Legends of Wrestling" panel discussion on Friday 4/4, also from AXXESS.
That's pretty cool that they'll be broadcasting from AXXESS. It's one of those things they just haven't had enough opportunity to showcase. Perfect programming for the network.

Of course that weekend is already jam packed with the Hall Of Fame on Saturday night and the nearly all day coverage of Mania on Sunday.
Old 03-27-14, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cole and JBL have a podcast?
Old 03-27-14, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

JBL is beyond boring. When was the last time he said something informative?
Old 03-27-14, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
Plan on watching the available PPVs in chronological order as I didn't start watching until the end of 1998. Some stuff I've seen already (Wrestlemania DVDs/Best Of's/Specific wrestler DVDs mainly) but not so much the other stuff. Especially WCW/ECW.

Halfway through Starrcade 83 now. Due to the Flair DVD, I've seen the main event but the rest of the card has been pretty entertaining. Orton/Slater vs. Youngblood/McDaniel was very entertaining I thought.

I've just been Wikiing the history to the matches so I have an idea of the feuds. Hopefully by the time I get to mid-late WCW/WWE/ECW, a good chunk of their weekly shows will be on there.

I know there's probably some clunker PPVs on the horizon but should be interesting to see the progression of the business in regards to production/wrestlers/wrestling style etc.

Been watching on Ipad/phone but apparently the 360 issue is finally fixed so it should be nice to watch it on a TV now.
Haven't had much time but have made it through Starrcade '83, 84 and Wrestlemania 1. Next up is The Wrestling Classic followed by Starrcade '85.

Really digging the old school stuff. I have the Manias on DVD up through 14, but it's been a while since I've seen them.

Really looking forward to the Summerslams, Rumbles, Survivor Series I haven't seen and a lot of the In Your House stuff, and most everything with the NWA/WCW stuff on the horizon. Good and bad!

Also, I know these Legends of Wrestling on the Network are a few years old but they're new to me and they're great. Hope they make new ones soon.
Old 03-27-14, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by TheKing
*WWE would broadcast a live "Wrestlemania Today" show on The WWE Network from AXXESS on Thursday, Friday and Saturday (4/3 - 4/5).
That's awesome. The other day I was wishing that WWE would cover Wrestlemania weekend the same way G4TV would do all-day coverage for the the major conventions (like CES & ComiCon). Seems like a no-brainer.
Old 04-01-14, 12:36 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally signed up this weekend. After a few issues (performance was horrible in Chrome so I had to switch to IE and it worked fine... that's a statement I never thought I'd be making) I'm enjoying it. What I would love is to have wrestler playlists... so I could pick, say, Steve Austin and it would just play through all his PPV matches chronolically across organizations.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.