Reload this Page >

The Official WWE Network Thread

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

The Official WWE Network Thread

Old 04-07-14, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: The Official WWE Network Thread

Prior to the show, I would have bet every penny I had on the network crashing. Thankfully I'm not a betting man! I had a few momentary hiccups, but nothing major at all. I was very impressed with how the network performed.
Old 04-07-14, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 164 Likes on 121 Posts

What I saw of it, as I didn't have time to catch much of it, WrestleMania worked fine on my Roku.
Old 04-07-14, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not one glitch on my Roku. I am very pleased.
Old 04-07-14, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,914 Likes on 1,481 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikael79
Prior to the show, I would have bet every penny I had on the network crashing. Thankfully I'm not a betting man! I had a few momentary hiccups, but nothing major at all. I was very impressed with how the network performed.
Yup. Besides the audio hiccups in the pre-wrestlemania segment, the streaming was as good as anyone could have expected. I thought for sure there'd be problems, if not at the beginning, at least during the major matches (or right after the Undertaker match, as word got around), but almost flawless.

I hope this means they have great capacity, and not that they don't have a big enough subscriber base, but we'll see.
Old 04-07-14, 04:33 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

WWE News: WWE Network subscriber total revealed

WWE issued the following press release to Prowrestling.net on Monday.

WWE (NYSE: WWE) today announced that WWE Network has 667,287 subscribers and is well on its way to reaching its goal of 1 million subscribers by the end of 2014 just 42 days after launching in the U.S., making it the fastest-growing digital subscription service. This announcement comes following a historic WrestleMania 30, which aired live on WWE Network as well as on pay-per-view through satellite and cable providers from a sold-out Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.

WWE Network launched on February 24 in the U.S. and will be rolled out in Canada, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong and the Nordics in late 2014/early 2015.

http://www.prowrestling.net/article....revealed-36505
Old 04-07-14, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would think the vast majority of people who will subscribe will have done so by now. Every fan of the wwe knows about the network by now, and wrestlemania was the key selling point, aside from the back content. They'll add subscribers for sure because it's getting a lot of positive word of mouth, and they'll be adding other countries, but I don't see the subscriber base doubling, ever.
Old 04-07-14, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think they can hit their break even point once they expand it to international subscribers.
Old 04-07-14, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

My friend who has owned WWE stock for a while but sold it a few weeks ago said that the stock price dipped 20% after that announcement, as investors expected more subscribers. Needless to say, he is happy with his decision to sell.
Old 04-07-14, 08:42 PM

In some of the 2012 Legends Of Wrestling episodes, I see Pat Patterson wearing a Legends House shirt. Was this show filmed a couple years ago? Did it air on that old On Demand tv channel?
Old 04-07-14, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by LaxBandit
Update: Looks like the new special - Journey To Wrestlemania - replaces Wrestlemania Rewind this week - at least. (The schedule for Tuesday, April 15 isn't up yet.) It premieres from 9:00 pm to 9:30 pm ET with a replay showing from 9:30 pm ET to 10:00 pm ET. (Unless they decide to follow another wrestler? would be cool if one show followed a "Face" wrestler and the other show followed a "Heel" wrestler.) No mention of who they followed yet - hopefully someone interesting.
They announced on RAW that this will feature Daniel Bryan. Cole said they had cameras following him all week leading up to WM.
Old 04-07-14, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
In some of the 2012 Legends Of Wrestling episodes, I see Pat Patterson wearing a Legends House shirt. Was this show filmed a couple years ago? Did it air on that old On Demand tv channel?
Yup, filmed 2010 or 2012, never aired. The E shopped it to various networks but nobody bit so they decided to save it for sometime after the launch of their network.
Old 04-08-14, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
They announced on RAW that this will feature Daniel Bryan. Cole said they had cameras following him all week leading up to WM.
Cool - had a feeling it was going to be him - also its going to be an hour long special - 9:00 pm ET-10:00 pm ET. (Well probably close to an hour - probably end a few minutes early so they could plug other shows on the WWE Network or show one of those quick three minute or so feature like Behind The Match.)

Speaking of Wrestlemania Specials - should have had a Countdown Special - Top 10 Wrestlemania Matches or Top 10 Wrestlemania Moments.

The show began filming in early February 2012 at the former house of Harpo Marx.
Cast - Gene Okerlund, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Hillbilly Jim, Howard Finkel, Jimmy Hart, Roddy Piper, Pat Patterson and Tony Atlas.
Legends House will premiere on the WWE Network on April 17, 2014 - 8:00 pm ET - plan is for the episodes to last an hour.
Didn't air on the On Demand Channel. WWE tried to get it on USA Network or Syfy Channel.
Then the WWE Network came to be so they decide to wait and show it on there.
Hopefully this works out for them - talk of Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin on the next one.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 04-08-14 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-08-14, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
My friend who has owned WWE stock for a while but sold it a few weeks ago said that the stock price dipped 20% after that announcement, as investors expected more subscribers. Needless to say, he is happy with his decision to sell.
I'll never understand why they expected more, when they've stated all along the goal is 1,000,000 by the end of the year. It's April and they're already 2/3 there. They should be ecstatic.
Old 04-08-14, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,914 Likes on 1,481 Posts

I think it's because like others have said, at least in the US the big carrot was Wrestlemania. If you're a wrestling fan and you didn't sign up before Wrestlemania, what else is going to tempt you to subscribe? It'll also be interesting to see how they keep the numbers up 6 months from now, when people who mainly wanted Wrestlemania will be able to cancel then sub again right before the next WM.
Old 04-09-14, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by fujishig
I think it's because like others have said, at least in the US the big carrot was Wrestlemania. If you're a wrestling fan and you didn't sign up before Wrestlemania, what else is going to tempt you to subscribe? It'll also be interesting to see how they keep the numbers up 6 months from now, when people who mainly wanted Wrestlemania will be able to cancel then sub again right before the next WM.

I haven't signed up yet. I'm more interested in all the older promotions they own the footage of and am waiting for that to show up more.

I expect that stuff to start showing up around the 6 month mark to get people to resubscribe. They need to hold off on what people want to keep them coming back or as you said, they'll just cancel and then sign up for Mania again.
Old 04-09-14, 06:19 PM

WWE News: Ultimate Warrior to be honored tonight on WWE Network

WWE will honor the Ultimate Warrior tonight on the WWE Network at 8:00 p.m. ET. WWE.com describes the show as "WWE fans will be able to watch highlights from Warrior's historic induction into the WWE Hall of Fame, plus his emotional return to Monday Night Raw." That show will be followed by WrestleMania VI, which was headlined by Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan.

http://prowrestling.net/article.php?...-Network-36563
Tonight on WWE Network: WWE honors the career of iconic Superstar, Ultimate Warrior

WWE honors the legacy and legend of the late Ultimate Warrior tonight, beginning at 8 p.m. ET on WWE Network.

WWE fans will be able to watch highlights from Warrior's historic induction into the WWE Hall of Fame, plus his emotional return to Monday Night Raw. Then, immediately after, the WWE Universe is invited to watch one of Ultimate Warrior's greatest matches against Hulk Hogan when WWE Network airs WrestleMania VI in its entirety.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-honors...rrior-26225223
Old 04-15-14, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The WWE Network's Ultimate Warrior tribute programming this week will feature:

Tuesday - 11:00 AM - Complete Wrestlemania 6 PPV - (Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan).
Tuesday -10:00 PM - The Legends Of Wrestlemania - Ultimate Warrior: The Legend - Part One. A four-part series focusing on the life, times and matches of the Ultimate Warrior.) WWE cameras followed Ultimate Warrior throughout Wrestlemania 30 weekend so expect footage to show up during this four-part series.

Wednesday - 4:00 PM - Complete Summerslam 1992 PPV - (Warrior vs. Randy Savage).
Wednesday - 9:00 PM - Best of Raw: 4/7/96 (Warrior returns after 3 1/2 years away).
Wednesday - 10:00 PM - The Legends Of Wrestlemania - Ultimate Warrior - The Legend - Part Two. Looks like this episode will focus on his Wrestlemania 6 match with Hulk Hogan. Probably a "Wrestlemania Rewind" special with just a different title.

Thursday - 2:00 PM - WWE Old School: 3/18/90 MSG event (Warrior vs. Mr. Perfect).
Thursday - 10:00 PM - The Legends Of Wrestlemania - Ultimate Warrior - The Legend - Part Three. This episode may focus on his Wrestlemania 7 match with Randy Savage? Probably a "Wrestlemania Rewind" special with just a different title.

Friday - 10:00 PM - The Legends Of Wrestlemania - Ultimate Warrior - The Legend - Part Four.

Also this week - Wrestlemania 30 Fallout - A four-part series focusing on the matches of this years Wrestlemania with pre/post-match interviews. My guess the format will go build-up to the match/pre-match interview/the match/post-match interviews. Part One (Daniel Bryans two matches? or Undertaker-Lesnar?) will be shown tonight, Part Two (Daniel Bryans two matches? or Undertaker-Lesner?) will be shown on Wednesday and Part Three (Cena-Wyatt? 31 Man Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal?) will be shown on Thursday - all at 7:00 pm ET. Part Four (Rest Of The Card?) will probably be shown at 8:00 pm ET as Smackdown Pre-Show should be on at 7:30 pm ET. (WWE Network schedule only goes up to Friday morning - 3:00 am ET so I'm not sure when exactly Part Four will premiere.) Each episode will run about an hour.

Wrestlemania Rewind - Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho - Wrestlemania 19 - Tuesday - 9:00 pm ET.
Legends House - Eight WWE Legends reunite and get acquainted with their new neighbors - Thursday - 9:00 pm ET.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 04-15-14 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-15-14, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by argh923
I'll never understand why they expected more, when they've stated all along the goal is 1,000,000 by the end of the year. It's April and they're already 2/3 there. They should be ecstatic.
Originally Posted by fujishig
I've seen that Wrestlemanias get over 1 million buys. Are those worldwide numbers? Because it doesn't make sense for anyone who has been buying Wrestlemania (or any PPV) to not just get the Network instead. But even if Network-capable buys are a few hundred thousand lower, I would've thought there were more fans who wouldn't buy a PPV but would subscribe to the Network. That's exactly what my case was.

I'm really hoping this is a long-term success because I like this model better than the PPV one. Is WWE going to open this up to foreign subscribers?
Old 04-15-14, 05:56 PM

WM got "around" 400,000 PPV buys domestic. Adding that to the 667K Network subscribers (and the assumption that every single subscriber watched it) gets the 1 million number.

So yes, literally 375-400 thousand people would rather pay 60-70 bucks outright for one show than pay the same amount over six months and get the additional content for free.
Old 04-15-14, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Not everyone has a computer(or another device which makes WWE Network available).

Some people don't know anything about computers,much less own one. I asked my dad one time for his friends e-mail address and my dad responded-His home address?
Old 04-15-14, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by LaxBandit
Also this week - Wrestlemania 30 Fallout - A four-part series focusing on the matches of this years Wrestlemania with pre/post-match interviews. My guess the format will go build-up to the match/pre-match interview/the match/post-match interviews. Part One (Daniel Bryans two matches? or Undertaker-Lesnar?) will be shown tonight, Part Two (Daniel Bryans two matches? or Undertaker-Lesner?) will be shown on Wednesday and Part Three (Cena-Wyatt? 31 Man Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal?) will be shown on Thursday - all at 7:00 pm ET. Part Four (Rest Of The Card?) will probably be shown at 8:00 pm ET as Smackdown Pre-Show should be on at 7:30 pm ET. (WWE Network schedule only goes up to Friday morning - 3:00 am ET so I'm not sure when exactly Part Four will premiere.) Each episode will run about an hour.
Well "Wrestlemania 30 Fallout - Part One" is over and heres what was shown - The match from Wrestlemania 30 that was featured was John Cena vs Bray Wyatt - boy was I totally off on that prediction - thought for sure they would lead off with Bryans two matches - maybe those matches will end the series? The show started with a Cena-Wyatt video that was shown on TV before Wrestlemania 30 - excellent video. Then we had the complete match with the ring enterences - damn, I loved the Wyatts one - Cenas wasn't much especially compared to the miltary one done for Wrestlemania 26 which I saw again last night while watching Beyond The Ring-John Cena Experience.

Then the post-match interview was actually a press conference set-up with John Cena who answered questions from "reporters" (not sure if they were real or not) with cut-aways to the match/after-match being shown. We also got some weird cuts to a camera that was shooting Cena from the side. Unfortunately we didn't hear from Bray Wyatt. (Wonder if they are going to do a press conference for everyone which means when they show the Undertaker-Brock Lesnar match, therer won't be one as Heyman, Lesnar went with The Undertaker to the hospital right after their match ended. Unless Heyman, Lesnar returned before everyone left and did a press conference.) Then all of sudden after Cena was done, they went to the credits - this happened 40 minutes in. So that was it? We are only getting one match per episode? or will future episodes have more than one match and for some reason they decided to only show the one match for part one. (One episode has to feature both Bryan matches right?) Another match could have been shown to fill in the hour. Womens Title Match? Tag Team Title Match? The rest of the hour had commercials for The Main Event/Wrestlemania Rewind - Shawn Michaels-Chris Jericho that are being shown tonight and Legends House which premieres Thursday - a Pipers Pit from MSG with guest Bruno Sammartino - Men On The Mission Debut Video - great I'm going to have that song in my mind the rest of the night and one other thing was shown before they went to The Main Event.

Oh well, its something you can skip - you already have seen the pre-match promo/the match and the press conference isn't really something you need to go of your way to see. (Unless you just want to see this match, you can load this up instead and not have to scan through the whole Wrestlemania 30 show - will save a few mins etc) Would have been switch things around when it comes to the match and do pop-up boxes throughout with Cena/Wyatt commenting on whats going on. Or show the complete match like they did and do that for the highlight package to be shown after the match instead of the press conference.

Well not sure what they will be showing on Wednesdays show - Undertaker-Lesnar? Bryans two matches? Tag Title/Womens Title? Shield-Outlaws/Kane? Andre Battle Royal? Well off to watch the The Main Event.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 04-15-14 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-15-14, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Next Week On The WWE Network - Tuesday, April 22 -
9:00 pm ET - Wrestlemania Rewind - Hulk Hogan vs The Rock - Wrestlemania 18.
10:00 pm ET - WWE Countdown - Top 10 Greatest Tag Teams.

Update - Well according the WWE Network Schedule - Smackdown Pre-Show will not be on from 7:30 pm ET to 8:00 pm ET - instead Part Four of Wrestlemania Fallout will be on from 7:00 pm ET to 8:00 pm ET. (Well we think it go to close to 8:00 pm ET - will have to if they plan on showing both Daniel Bryan matches to finish off this series on a positive note. Can't end it with Undertaker streak being ended right?) Smackdown Backstage Pass which is on from 10:00 pm ET to 10:30 pm ET won't be on as well. Guess they couldn't find a special guest to come on the show so they gave Matthews, Booker T, Riley the night off - LOL! The final part of Legends Of Wrestlemania - Ultimate Warrior - or whatever the special is going to be called - premieres instead from 10:00 pm ET to 11:00 pm ET.

Ultimate Warrior Special starting on WWE Network and its called Warriors Greatest Matches: Basically the special consists of matches/some interview clips taken from the Ultimate Warriors newest DVD (which was released on April 1) The Ultimate Collection and interviews (called "Superstars Shoutouts") done by various current/former WWE Superstars in the week after the Ultimate Warriors passing. Heres a rundown of what is on the special:

1) Opening done by the Ultimate Warrior which was taken from his latest WWE DVD - The Ultimate Collection. 2) Shawn Michaels talks about the Ultimate Warrior. 3) Ultimate Warrior match vs Barry Horowitz. 4) Ricky Steamboat talks about Ultimate Warrior. 5) Sting talks about Ultimate Warrior. (sigh - this clip didn't even last longer than the next match) 6) Ultimate Warrior vs Honky Tonk Man - Summerslam 1998. 7) Batista talks about Ultimate Warrior. 8) Chris Jericho talks about Ultimate Warriors 30 second squashes of Andre The Giant - which I had the chance to see twice in abouts a weeks time - hey aside from that match and one other one, the rest of each card were different and I had free tickets to the one that wasn't local to me so thats why I attended both. 9) Speaking of those two, the next match is not one of those! - Ultimate Warrior vs Andre The Giant - Saturdays Night Main Event. 10) Scott Hall talks about Ultimate Warrior. 11) Robert Flores - ESPN Sports Anchor - talks about Ultimate Warrior - saids his favorite Ultimate Warrior match was against Ted Dibiase - Egg Dome-Tokyo, Japan - April 13, 1990. Guess what match is next? 12) Ultimate Warrior vs Ted Dibiase - Egg Dome -Tokyo, Japan - April 13, 1990. Thought the match lasted longer - maybe they edited it some here. 13) CJ Parker talks Ultimate Warrior - dressing up as him for Halloween - LOL, I was him one year too! 14) Sami Zayn talks Ultimate Warrior - when he was six, he wore face-paint like the Ultimate Warrior at a party. 15) Ultimate Warrior vs Rick Rude - Saturday Nights Main Event - July 1990. Damn, this was a good match! 16) John Cena talks about Ultimate Warrior. 17) Hulk Hogan talks about Ultimate Warrior - both Cena and Hogan mentioned the his intensity, his devotion, his legacy, his heart etc. 18) Ending done by the Ultimate Warrior that was taken from his latest DVD - The Ultimate Collection. 19) Memorial Graphic. Special ends - lasts 52 mins.

Final Comments - Nice look at the Ultimate Warrior - the matches are on his latest DVD so if you don't plan on watching that, you get a look at some of the matches from that here. Definately watch it for the "Superstar Shoutouts" - they arn't long but they shoutout nice memories about the Ultimate Warrior and some are the exact memories I have of the guy too - 30 second squashes, dressing up as him for Halloween, just wearing the face-paint for no reason. Unfortunately the one guy I thought would have the longest shoutout - Sting - happened to be the quickest. Comon man, it could have been longer than Ultimate Warriors Summerslam 1988 match with Honky Tonk Man! (Maybe he talked more and it was edited and we will see more in Parts 2/3/4?) Not surprising John Cena and Hulk Hogan had the final two shoutouts. We should get more of them by other WWE Superstars in Parts 2/3/4 and who knows maybe more shoutouts from the WWE Superstars who spoke tonight. Wednesday special - Part 2 - is supposed to be a Wrestlemania Rewind type of show which will be his match vs Hulk Hogan from Wrestlemania 6. Unfortunately, I'll be force to watch the replay or sometime the next day since I'll be busy watching the opening night of the NHL playoffs at a friends who doesn't have WWE Network. If anyone wants to do a recap in the mean-time, go ahead. Well I'm out! - catch ya later!

Last edited by LaxBandit; 04-15-14 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-15-14, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Update - During tonights Main Event show, they aired a graphic listing what the four parts were of "Warrior Week" - a week-long tribute to The Ultimate Warrior. Heres the complete schedule of Ultimate Warrior programming:

Tuesday - 11:00 AM - Complete Wrestlemania 6 PPV - (Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan).
Tuesday -10:00 PM - Warriors Greatest Matches - will feature some matches taken from his lastest WWE DVD which came out on April 1 - The Ultimate Collection. (I posted a recap of this special in the last post.)

Wednesday - 4:00 PM - Complete Summerslam 1992 PPV - (Warrior vs. Randy Savage).
Wednesday - 9:00 PM - Best of Raw: 4/7/96 (Warrior returns after 3 1/2 years away).
Wednesday - 10:00 PM - Wrestlemania Rewind - Ultimate Warrior vs Hulk Hogan - Wrestlemania 6.

Thursday - 2:00 PM - WWE Old School: 3/18/90 MSG event (Warrior vs. Mr. Perfect).
Thursday - 10:00 PM - Warrior Biography - The Ultimate Legend.

Friday - 10:00 PM - The Legends Of Wrestlemania - Ultimate Warrior. Maybe we get one of those roundtables with former/current wrestlers talking about the Ultimate Warrior? Most likely those Behind The Scenes segments with the Ultimate Warrior that were taped during Wrestlemania weekend will be shown here.
Old 05-05-14, 03:24 PM

WWE Network is offering $25 WWEShop Gift Cards when you refer a friend.

http://www.wwenetworksurvey.com/refer-a-friend/

Now through Saturday, May 31, you can get up to $250 in WWEShop.com promotional gift cards when you refer friends to WWE Network!

Just fill in your friends' information and submit. We'll send each one an email invitation with a special link to subscribe to WWE Network. When they use that link to subscribe, you'll each get a $25 WWEShop.com promotional gift card.

You can refer as many friends as you like, but you are limited to $250 in promotional gift cards for yourself.

*Offer valid 5/5/145/31/14 for United States WWE Network subscribers only. Referred friends must reside in the United States and must have a confirmed WWE Network subscription at or before 11:59 pm PT on 5/31/14 to be eligible.
Old 05-05-14, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

OK, who wants to be my friend? - I'm a subscriber to the WWE Network.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.