Target's Video Streaming Service

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Target's Video Streaming Service

Old 02-10-15, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts
Re: Target's Video Streaming Service

Originally Posted by DJariya
Bummer that the venture is going under, but not surprised. There's just too many options out there for streaming and on demand and I'm sure Target wasn't making much or any money at all.
Probably not, but sometimes it's more about a deep-pockets company trying to establish a foothold. Target would seem like a good candidate, but maybe they weren't making any progress at all. Personally, I prefer Target as a store over Walmart, but I have a Vudu account because I had to redeem some digital copies that way. The only time I considered signing up for Target was for the Captain American WS bonus content, and that sounded like such a mess I just skipped it.
Old 02-10-15, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Bummer that the venture is going under, but not surprised. There's just too many options out there for streaming and on demand and I'm sure Target wasn't making much or any money at all.
It's been a bloodbath at Target since the credit card hacking scandal and they have recently been cutting costs left and right.

They only got into streaming because their primary competitors, Amazon and Walmart, had vibrant streaming services. Target Ticket was always a half-hearted effort at best.
Old 02-10-15, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 328 Likes on 247 Posts

I've still got a few dollars in credit- might have to actually find something to "buy" via Ultraviolet so I can watch it on Vudu or MGo- really don't want to waste my time renting a movie when I can't watch it with 5.1 sound! Won't miss Target Ticket at all.