Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Plex

Old 09-08-22, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 689 Likes on 557 Posts
Re: Plex

Originally Posted by clckworang View Post
I was able to get the UHD working. It turns out I had already ripped the Blu-ray but had a typo in the title, which is why it didn't show up when I searched on my computer and wasn't showing as a new addition on Plex.

The other title still won't show up. I've basically given up on it. It dosn't have a title with any weird punctuation or resemble any other title in my collection. The movie is Fiend with the Electronic Brain. Not many similar titles.

If I wasn't using an admin account, how would I be able to add anything at all? Besides, I'm the one who created the account. And I've done the Plex dance many times. That's always the first thing to try when something isn't being picked up.
fwiw, I dropped a file called "Fiend with the Electronic Brain" into my folder, it matches as Blood of Ghastly Horror.

I have a Family folder and Plex once matched a kid movie with a French flick featuring two full frontal naked men on the cover

Last edited by RichC2; 09-08-22 at 11:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
clckworang (09-08-22)
Old 09-08-22, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 525 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2 View Post
fwiw, I dropped a file called "Fiend with the Electronic Brain" into my folder, it matches as Blood of Ghastly Horror.

I have a Family folder and Plex once matched a kid movie with a French flick featuring two full frontal naked men on the cover
Oh, that's very useful! I'll try changing the name when I get home. Yeah, I've seen Plex do some wonky matching before. That's why I always look while things are getting added to confirm it's correct and getting picked up. The problem here is nothing was ever added, not even Blood of Ghastly Horror. I would have noticed that if it popped up.

I just searched my Plex library on my phone, and there's no listing for it under either name. If this name change doesn't work, maybe I'll try to rip the title again. As I mentioned before, I don't think Plex likes it if you change names too many times. Maybe that's why it's not picking it up now. Not sure why I didn't pick it up then, though.
The following users liked this post:
RichC2 (09-08-22)
Old 09-09-22, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 345 Likes on 245 Posts

Well, it finally happened...I upgraded my libraries from the legacy agent to the "new" Plex agent. I had been dreading it because I know Plex can't implement anything without breaking things. After running the scan, my library decreased from 2,581 movies down to 2,540. Now I have to go through almost 2600 titles and figure out which ones aren't getting pulled in now.

EDIT: Turns out they combined any movies with multiple editions into a single title, despite me having them previously split apart. Fortunately there is a way to filter these down to make the process quicker. Still a majorly unnecessary pain in the ass to split apart 40 movies and rename them back to what they originally were. After all this I'm still left with 1 single title that isn't pulling in.

Last edited by John Galt; 09-10-22 at 12:12 PM.