Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Wal Mart Policy?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Wal Mart Policy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-01, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm intellectually curious, so I'm asking a hypothetical question here about Wal-Mart's pricing and price match policies.

Let's say I were to buy a DVD at Wal-Mart which for some undoubtedly inadvertant and uncontrollable reason had been put out before street date. Let's say it is priced at $34.95 and that most online retailers have it at about $28-$30 shipped. However, imagine that Wal-Mart's own web site lists this at around $23.

Does anyone know if the B & M will price match their own web site? In such a case, it might be worth going back for an $11 credit.

Please discuss . . . .
Old 03-31-01, 07:43 PM

Hi,
I work for Wal-Mart and although I thought we did NOT match Wal-Mart.com I was told 2 weeks ago to match a modem for a customer who had a print out from the Wal-Mart.com website. I think it varies from store manager to store manager. The store where I work had a great manager who wants to make the customer happy. Just take the print out from the Wal-Mart.com website to the store and ask at the Customer Service Desk.
If you are told we don't match prices with our dot com store, ask for a CSM (Customer Service Manager) or the store manager. The key is to be nice and non-threatening. I know for a fact that you can get farther by keeping your cool rather than blowing your top. Just explain that it is more convenient to shop at your local store and that you are a regular customer. If your local management team is doing their job, you will get the price match.
Old 03-31-01, 09:25 PM

Thanks for the tips. I tried taking a printout in this morning, but they wouldn't do the price match. I returned it and ordered off the page . . . .
Old 03-31-01, 09:37 PM

I find it odd that the web site would be cheaper, The only DVD's that my walmart carries that are over $19.95 is das boot ,fight club, T2, box sets and the criterions, a couple more are $24 but still cheaper than anywhere else except thru CH unless it's a FOX title.
Old 04-01-01, 08:43 PM

I am sorry that your local Wal-Mart did not price match. As I stated in my previous post, I think it varies from manager to manager. As for the price differences, Wal-Mart.com is NOT wholly owned by Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart has a majority ownership of the company. As with any .com company, there is competition to have the lower price. I do wish that the DVD's online were the same as the B&M stores.
Old 04-01-01, 11:06 PM

The web site has been a pretty good source for cheap DVDs lately and they have a good selection. Worth checking out every once and a while.

The person working the return counter seemed a little confused -- if I had pushed it I might have been able to get the match, but I figured it wasn't really worth the time or effort.
Old 04-02-01, 09:32 AM
Banned

i tried to price match at babbag'es computer software and the BM, because naboo was 10 bucks less on the site, but they wouldn't do it. I also had a gc that could not be entered on their website that i got from the bm. I feel like that commercial where the woman tries to get the thing she ordered online from the bm.