Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

FINALLY got my first DVD from Deepdiscount!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

FINALLY got my first DVD from Deepdiscount!

Old 03-13-01, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
After waiting for over a month, I finally got my Battle Beyond the Stars from Deepdiscountdvd.com!! Yaaay!!

This company seems to be hit and miss with a lot of people. I think I'm going to wait awhile before I order from them again.

Andrew
Old 03-14-01, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes. If you choose "standard" as your shipping preference, it can take up to three weeks. My copy of "Destination Moon" was shipped on 3/2, and still no disc. The only reason I didn't upgrade to priority was that I didn't want to pay $4.00 to ship one $10.00 disc. It would be great If they did like TWEC and would just charged a buck or two to upgrade to priority rather than the full amount!

BV
Old 03-14-01, 06:52 PM

I've ordered twice from them one order came in 4 business days and the other took 5 business days. No complaints about that type of service
Old 03-14-01, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Only 3 business days for me!
Old 03-14-01, 07:41 PM

It all depends on where you're located. I'm in Southern California, so an east coast shipment via standard mail usually takes more than five business days for me. BTW, I received my disc this afternoon, so this means it took eight business days for it to reach me. No complaints though, as I expected it to take this long.

BV
Old 03-15-01, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How come DDDVD doesn't seem to have a listing for The Rock Criterion?
Old 03-15-01, 09:15 PM

Sometimes upgrading to Priority doesn't matter. I payed the $3.95 for an order and my order shipped Special Standard about 6 days ago, and I still haven't received it.
Old 03-15-01, 09:26 PM
Cool New Member

My strategy for deepdiscount (and I have ordered 4 different titles from them) is to only order good deal low cost, free-shipping titles that aren't really on my hot-list. I log them in my database and just forget about them. When they finally showup...it's a surprise!!
Old 03-16-01, 03:13 AM

24one.....

This is exactly my position when dealing with them. I just ordered Rebecca and Notorious for $8.99 each, and had them sent standard. Since these two have been on my list forever, when they arrive they arrive.

BV
Old 03-16-01, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got Rebecca from them right quick. Now I'm waiting on the AbFab set, but that seems to be held up at a number of places.
Old 03-16-01, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by 24one
My strategy for deepdiscount (and I have ordered 4 different titles from them) is to only order good deal low cost, free-shipping titles that aren't really on my hot-list. I log them in my database and just forget about them. When they finally showup...it's a surprise!!
I'm located in Southern Cal and I also take the above approach when purchasing from this company. I had one title ship 2/23 that I didn't receive until 3/14! I definitely do not plan on using this company for NEW releases or PRE-ORDERS.
Old 03-17-01, 10:36 PM

I got my "Midnight Express" (thanks for the heads up) for $8+ in 5 days even though they said it would be on shipped on May. No shipping confirmation email but at least I already have the dvd.