Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

MRA Video- They're at it again

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

MRA Video- They're at it again

Old 03-09-01, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again they have charged my card without my authorization despite the fact that I wrote them and demanded that they cancel my "account". Of course they want a subscription number that was on my invoice, but they don't send an invoice in their packages. And then when you try to e-mail them at the address they list for cancellations, they put a "." in the e-mail address so that it bounces. These people are scum.
Old 03-09-01, 10:26 AM

I was charged on 2/1 by MRA Video, and have been fighting to get my money back since. I used Ecount for my purchase, and contacted them. They were finally able to get ahold of someone at MRA Video for me, and had my account cancelled.

Only problem is this was on 2/14 and I still haven't received a credit from MRA Video. I called Ecount yesterday, and they finally got ahold of MRA Video and asked them what was going on. Supposedly they are backed up on refund requests (How hard is it to issue a refund?).

Anyway, the person from Ecount didn't seem to be too thrilled with Mra's billing practices, and said there were several others in the same situation. I have already reported them to the BBB, and everyone should do the same.
I don't think the CC companies like Visa, or Mastercard would take kindly to this kind of abuse by a merchant.
Old 03-13-01, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just charged me again too. ive cancelled 3 times now, and disputed both charges with my bank........what a nightmare, i used my debit card for this place like a fool.
Old 03-13-01, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm afraid of using my ecount account at the moment since I have the feeling they'll take money from it despite the calls and emails. Fortunately with only 9 cents in it at the moment they won't be getting any money from me.

Hopefully these clowns will go broke or the credit card companies will stop doing business with them.
Old 03-13-01, 08:14 PM

I emailed them twice early Feb (12th or so) to try to cancel my account. I didn't get any reply. Then I finally got through on phone with them few days later, and the guy cancelled for me. Then I check my statement again today, and another charged has been place yesterday. Got through on the phone with them again and I told them I called last month and cancelled it. The lady say, well, there are not record of it being cancelled. She promised to cancel it and refund me in 3 to 4 business day. So I guess I have to wait a few more days to see if I get refund properly.
Anybody else call them on the phone for cancellation last month got charged again this month?

Jerry
Old 03-14-01, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Motherfreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekers! I am higly pissed eith this stuff. This is the definet worst nightmare I have ever had with a company! May they burn in hell.
Old 03-16-01, 12:13 AM

Well, I also used a debit card for this like an idiot. However, I've been buying stuff online for a long time and never had a problem until now. Looks like I am going to have to cancel my card tomorrow and get a new one. Not too much of a hassle I guess, but still...
Old 03-16-01, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Flashram76
Well, I also used a debit card for this like an idiot. However, I've been buying stuff online for a long time and never had a problem until now. Looks like I am going to have to cancel my card tomorrow and get a new one. Not too much of a hassle I guess, but still...
what bank do you use? I use BofA and they credit me my money back in just a few hours
Old 03-16-01, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MRA Video = the company that had the "Girls Gone Wild" DVDs

[edited to answer my own question]

[Edited by Heat 1 on 03-16-01 at 10:42 AM]