Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Towers missing order help

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Towers missing order help

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-01, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered a DVD from Towers a few weeks ago. They shipped it on the second and it was supposed to be here by now, but I haven't received it yet. I emailed them and they told me to wait a few more days and then email again. If I don't get the DVD, what can I do? I know that I can dispute the charge with my CC company, but most of the charges were on a Flooz account.

Will Tower Records send out another DVD to me or will I have to face the fact that I'll have one less DVD on my shelf?
Old 01-23-01, 05:14 PM

bump
Old 01-23-01, 05:42 PM

I'd assume after the waiting period they would send you another one (amazon would anyways)...
Old 01-23-01, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting. I also placed an order, back on November 30th, then got an e-mail shipping confirmation on the 2nd, saying it was shipped. I have yet to receive anything, either.
Old 01-23-01, 08:00 PM

I had an order from Tower that shipped on Dec. 17th and on Jan 17th it still hadn't arrived. I called them, and the CS rep I got told me (very rudely) that she couldn't do anything until I went down to the Post Office (15 miles away) and had them search through their "unclaimed packages" to make sure it wasn't actually there. Yeah, right.
I immediately hung up the phone and sent them an email saying the same thing - that I had never received the order. I got a reply in a few hours saying they were sending a replacement out by 2-day Fedex - which they did, no questions asked. I guess Tower is just like most other places when it comes to customer service - it just depends on who you talk to.

Just keep writing them (or calling) and you should get a replacement.

[This message has been edited by Roy28 (edited January 23, 2001).]
Old 01-23-01, 09:42 PM

I placed an order on December 27th for Stand by Me SE, and it shipped on Jan 2nd. On January 19th I called and explained the situation. They shipped out a replacement Fedex 2nd day, which I received today.

Old 01-23-01, 09:44 PM

Interesting, mine was shipped on the 2nd also, just like two of you guys.

Thanks for everyone's response.
Old 03-15-01, 04:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts
Guess I got lucky with my first order with Tower Records online site. I used a $10 off $40 code and ordered The Killing Fields, Old Man & the Sea, and Legends of the Fall SE. All 3 dvds were $13.99 each. I placed the order on 02/24/01. Two of the dvds were preorders. They shipped out Legends of the Fall by itself first class mail on 03/08/01 and received it 03/12/01. The other 2 dvds were shipped out on 03/11/01 Priority Mail and they arrived 03/14/01.

Kahuna

[Edited by kahuna on 03-15-01 at 10:56 AM]
Old 03-15-01, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by kahuna
Guess I got lucky with my first order with Tower Records online site.
Definitely lucky. I never even got my item at all. They claim they shipped it, but the post office couldn't deliver it to me and it was returned to their warehouse. They credited my Tower account $9.99, which means I lost the $5 coupon I used and had to pay for shipping for something that I never received and have no proof they even tried to ship to me, as all I got was a confirmation e-mail (which means nothing) but no tracking number of any kind.

Avoid Tower like the plague, IMHO.
Old 03-15-01, 02:08 PM

Odd. My DVD shipped on 2/28 and stilll don't have it. They told me to wait until 3/21 until they would send another one via FedEx. Don't understand - I have never had this problem before with Tower, in fact, they have been really fast in the past....just wait and see i guess, but it really sucks waiting...
Old 03-15-01, 04:57 PM

Man, online stores are really biting it these days...I placed a $160 order with Bigstar and they say they shipped it, but I've NEVER received it!!! They show me a confirmation number and say that it arrived here almost a month ago, but it sure isn't in my hands. I've called them 3 times and emailed them about 10 times and they just keep saying the same crap and make me go around in circles.

I really doubt they're going to resend me a $160 order...it's not like it's one DVD.

Has anyone else ever had an experience like mine? Am I stuck with disputing the charge?
Old 03-16-01, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For what it's worth... my previous thread regarding Tower's "missing" orders:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...threadid=84530

Don't hold your breath waiting for your orders.