Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Has anyone ordered from hkflix.com?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Has anyone ordered from hkflix.com?

Old 02-24-01, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered a DVD from them last Saturday. I emailed them the other day wondering if my order had shipped. I got two seperate replies from them:

"You will get email confirmation shortly. There's been a contract postal worker strike, and mail has been delayed. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. All orders will ship out Saturday at the latest."

And...

"Thank you for your order at HKFlix.com. We sent out this order several days ago and apparently it was returned to us because the postal machines ripped off the address label. We are repackaging and resending the order. We sincerely apologize for the delay."

They just contradicted themselves in the second reply. So should I get ready to call Visa?

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 02-24-01, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I ordered from them a while back. If I recall correctly, it took a long-long-long-long time for me to get my DVD (about 3 months).

So, they are legit. Hopefully you and others will have better luck!.

Old 02-24-01, 12:55 PM

I've ordered from them about five times. Have had some problems with getting the wrong discs occasionally, but it's because of the fact that there's different versions of many of these discs and it can get confusing. Other than that I've never really had any problems at all. They've always been very accomodating when I had a problem and their customer service was very solid. I usually got my DVDs very quickly, within a week. I don't order from them anymore, however, unless I have to, because DDDHOUSE is so much cheaper than them or any of the Domestic HK DVD distributors.
Old 02-24-01, 06:31 PM

Well I noticed they have auctions on Ebay and out of 100 feedback they have only had 1 guy complain so that makes me feel a little better. Not sure what they mean about the mail strike, unless they mean on the Hong Kong side since it's an import from there.

Anyway I guess I'll have to be patient.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 02-24-01, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Moving to Store forum.

--Heather
Moderator, DVD Talk & Reviews forums