Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD Planet Won't Respond To Me

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVD Planet Won't Respond To Me

Old 02-23-01, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've tried emailing they folks at DVD Planet about my order that I placed at the beginning of the week. I have yet to hear a response from any of my emails. All I wanted to know is if they ship items as they become available or if they wait until they are all in-stock before they ship the order. I tried to call them today, but I was on hold for forever. Since I had a class I had to be at, I had to hang-up and leave.

Does anybody know anything about how they ship their orders?

I think I'm going to cancel my order there anyway - I'm not thrilled with their customer service. Has anybody else had a similar experience? I would be interested in any information anybody could supply.

Thanks.
Old 02-23-01, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Some shops (like nearly all of them) take at least a couple of days to answer emails and can take up to a week.
Old 02-23-01, 12:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why don't you just call them?
Old 02-23-01, 12:24 AM

Originally posted by dvde
Why don't you just call them?
I'm going to. Like I said, I tried today but was on hold for forever (going on 20 minutes) and had to go to class. I was just wondering if somebody could answer my question without me having to call them.
Old 02-23-01, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

DVDPlanet always take at least a week to answer e-mail (no-one is that busy) and they ship as available. Great, you think. That is until you realise they charge each shipment as if it were a new order which is an expensive pain especially for international. I used to be a big fan of theirs but for this one reason alone I would not place a multi item order with them again, single box sets and HTF items (they had Re-animator last year), yes.
Old 02-24-01, 10:54 PM

They answered my mail after 2 weeks(exactly 15 days) and said we shipped your order. I think I'll never get it. Anyway, they did not charged my credit card and I dont want this dvd anymore after 4 weeks, so there is no problem.It was my first order, simply it has been last.
Old 02-24-01, 11:48 PM

Originally posted by paranoid0
They answered my mail after 2 weeks(exactly 15 days) and said we shipped your order.
I got the same type of email. Mine was just one sentance long - "We shipped your order on 2/24."

Let's hope it comes... This will be my last order from DVD Planet - unless there is a really good deal.