Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Problem with Outpost.com order

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Problem with Outpost.com order

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-01, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered some things from outpost.com on tuesday night(1/30). Both the items said that they were avaible overnight and they still say that. In my order history, it just says that they "rec'd request" of my order. I don't understand why they haven't sent my items yet. Have any of you had this problem with Outpost before. I sent them an email and i still haven't recieved anything back.

I know i didn't order DVDs from them, but they do sell DVDs and I thought that maybe someone in here might have had the same problem before, so please don't lock my post.
Old 02-06-01, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They've just changed their overnight poilcy to free with $100.00 minimum order.

They used to have free overnight shipping on everything and have recently instituted the $100 minimum policy.

Call their customer service #.
(1 - 877 - OUTPOST)

------------------
About to experience the "BITE" of society

[This message has been edited by speedy1961 (edited February 05, 2001).]
Old 02-06-01, 12:01 PM

Yeah, I know they changed their shipping policy, but I ordered it a couple days before they changed it. Surprisingly they haven't shipped yet still. I am going to call them today when i get home from class.
Old 02-06-01, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
That's probably your best course of action.

------------------
About to experience the "BITE" of society
Old 02-07-01, 07:26 AM
AW

I would seriously consider staying away from Outpost.

In December, I ordered a television that was shipped overnight and got to its destination on time. The problem was that the TV was improperly packed (missing packing so that the TV was moving around in the box) and in a box with "Outpost" packing tape all around it holding it together. The case of the TV was cracked in several places (the base was broken off on one side -- one side of the TV near the tube had a 3 inch piece broken off). Better yet, inside the box was a receipt from the unfortunate prior purchaser who had returned the TV a few weeks earlier.

This sure seems like a bait and switch tactic to me. This TV obviously was broken and never should have been shipped, but was to get a holiday sale. To make matters worse, the "customer service" at Outpost acted like they were doing me a favor by picking up the TV without charging shipping for the return.

I hope you have better luck with them.
Old 02-07-01, 03:27 PM
Cool New Member

Axelbay -

Same thing happened to me. On 1/31 I placed an order before their new shipping policy had gone into effect. Later on in the week I tried to track it and nothing! Just said it had received request. So finally today I called them. Seems what I ordered has apparently stopped being manufactured. The rep told me that right after I placed the order the manufacturer told them they aren't making them anymore. However, 4 days after I placed my order I went to check to see if it had gone on backorder or something. Nope! Was still available to buy and said in stock.

A "supervisor" is supposed to call me back within 24 hours. Let's see if that actually happens. This has been a most disappointing shopping experience. I had never used Outpost before, but I doubt I ever will after this.

Brian

P.S. I ordered a spindle of CD-R's in case you were interested.
Old 02-07-01, 05:02 PM

Well, i called them. I am even more upset then before i called.
I had $10 in my flooz account. I wanted to use my flooz because i had $10 in it (obviously). Well, outpost doesn't have an option to use both flooz and a credit card. so i just put my flooz account number in. I got a notification from Flooz that i didn't have enough. I only received one notification from them and not outpost. So i put the necessary money in my flooz account. Well, since my order status only said "rec'd request" I thought i was still good and that they would review it later and ship my order.

NOPE!

When I called, the customer service rep had no clue what order i was talking about since it wasn't in the system anymore. She looked at my account and said that My order was rejected because i didn't have enough money in my account. I never recieved any notice from them about that. As far as i knew, they still had my order. If they would have emailed me about my insufficient funds, i would have ordered it the same night again.
I asked the lady, "so now i have to pay shipping?" she said, "yes."
I am not going to be paying $12 to get my orderd shipped to me. That is outrageous. They are the ones who didn't inform me about it. Outpost.com just lost my service and i am going to tell everyone about what happened too.
And since i put money in my flooz account, i can't take it back out. No other store that Flooz is partners with sells what i wanted.
I emailed them about what happened and i bet i'll recieve no response like the first time i emailed them.
I should have went with amazon in the first place.
Old 02-24-01, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Usually when a company's stock drops below $1.00 it will be DELISTED from the stock exchange.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/2001...look_dc_1.html