Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Netflix Lite returns (sort of)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Netflix Lite returns (sort of)

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-00, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I currently have the Standard package, which for me means 4 movies for $19.95/month. When I click on "Upgrade", I get the following choices:

• Unlimited Rentals Plus (8) - $39.95
  • Unlimited Rentals Plus (5) - $29.95
  • Unlimited Rentals Standard - $19.95
  • Unlimited Rentals Lite - $13.95

In this case, Standard is 3 movies at a time, Lite is 2 movies at a time. The previous incarnation of Lite was $11.95/month.

At one point I considered the Lite program (when it was two bucks cheaper), but I think I'll stick with what I have, especially due to their restriction that if you upgrade or downgrade your subscription, if you return to Standard you get the current terms, not what you had before.
Old 01-22-01, 05:44 PM
Cool New Member

I just noticed this today also, and came here to see if anyone else had. I am hoping they keep us grandfathered in with the 4 movies a month at $19.95 but I wouldn't count on it. For my first 6 months I was at $15 a month for 4 movies, and even after they changed the price for everyone else, I stayed at the $15 for another 4 months. However it didn't last for ever, and they finally moved all of us old timers up to the $20 a month. I am hoping they don't do the same thing now, and move us all to the 3 a month, or make us pick from the new plans. If they do, it will be the last straw, and I will probably cancell. Or at the very least just move down to the lowest plan.

Old 01-24-01, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 390 Likes on 279 Posts
If they drop me to 3 per month I am out of Netflix for good.
Old 01-24-01, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heh, I've about had it with netflix after they suspended my account for having an address that is too "high risk" because there have been 4 dvds lost in the mail the like 13 months I've been a member. I guess out here in the ghettoes of salt lake city a PO Box is considered too "high risk." Heh, oh well, I truly did like their program of 4 a month but as snide as the last email they sent me I wonder how much longer they'll be sticking around.
Old 01-26-01, 10:21 AM

What's really pathetic is that, for whatever reason (intentionally delaying shipments/check-ins of DVDs, growth in subscribers w/o commensurate growth in shipping staff, growth in subscribers w/o commensurate growth in numbers of DVDs, particularly new releases, that they acquire), I'm only getting between two and three DVDs a week. Before the New Year, I was consistently getting four DVDs a week and also getting a good proportion of the new releases for the week. Now? Faggetaboutit....
Old 01-26-01, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I started a thread just recently concerning some of these issues. Mine more or less are the same. Not getting new releases within a decent time frame. Lately I've been getting 2 or so titles a week. Right now I have 2 out and 2 that haven't been filled yet. If netflicks ups my price I'm history as well. At $20 bucks its a good deal but at the rate of getting 2 dvds a week this is outrageous. Its almost as if they've downgraded my account without telling me. I've been getting miffed at them for sometime now. Their new site looks nice and all but the upload takes more time. Not responsive at all.