Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Netflick.com HIGH demand of new releases

Old 01-26-01, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know about you but I'm growing more and more frustrated with netflicks lack of new releases in stock and just the other day I received an email from them stating that Autumn in New York and Gone in 60 seconds has high demand and I'm may have a long wait to get it. Shanghai noon took over 6-7 weeks before I could get my hands on that. I've realized that I need a new alternative. I may go back to the brick and mortars. Its so hard not to go back to the brick and mortar store and when you do you see the movie that you want right there and then of course you curse netflick. I need help. Mind you I rent new releases usually. thanks

------------------
Old 01-26-01, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One last note. It appears that net flick has redesigned their webpage recently. I've been having a rough time accessing it. It has the red, black, and white look and feel. It appears to be alot slower on my end than the previous web pages. The look and feel is nice. But we need speed. I'm tired of sites that take forever to load and mind you its not my pc. Amazon appears to be more responsive. Just doing a refrash on this page take quite sometime
Old 01-26-01, 01:57 PM
Cool New Member

I agree with you guys. I have been a Netflix member for almost 13 months. It seems like recently more and more dvds are out of stock. In addition, it takes more time to dispatch a new from the queue. Its been going like that since the end of December.
Old 01-26-01, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Netlicks answer to my question pertaining to out of stock new releases and the slow down.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for contacting NetFlix.com customer support! Thanks for your
message. I understand your frustration and hope that we can have this
situation resolved soon. We are diligently working with studios in
obtaining more titles. However, in the meantime, I hope that you will
continue to check out our alternative rentals besides new releases.

While we do not guarantee availability of the newest releases like your
local video store, we do guarantee that we have the largest selection of
titles to rent. We currently have over 9000 titles available. I invite
you to check out all that we have to offer while we are working on the
replenishment of the newest releases.

We appreciate your patience and your continued support!

Thanks,
Randy
NetFlix.com
Customer Service

My response to netflicks....

This doesn't resolve my issues concerning new releases this is an appeasement. If I wanted to rent older movies I'd go to my local video store for their a $1 a piece. Its finally getting to the point where I have to make a decision and the more I think about it the more that decision is to leave netflick. Epsecially with the new pricing schema and in a few months I'll be charged more like others who where bumped from $15.95 to $19.95 several months ago. Your lack of new releases as well as posting later returns has grown frustrating and I do not pay good money to have movies sitting in my que that are out of stock. Instead of working with studios simply by more DVDs or reduce your membership. Otherwise members like me will reduce it for you by leaving.

[This message has been edited by sm8680 (edited January 26, 2001).]
Old 01-26-01, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got the same messaage today from netflix - about virgin suicides being unavailable. I've had afterlife at the top of my queue since it was released, what's that, 3 months ago? I don't complain about them a whole lot,though, because so far I've always had something coming that is worth getting - Genghis Blues arrived today and Cecil b.demented is on the way.