Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

buy.com overcharges?

Old 12-31-00, 10:50 PM
Cool New Member

Did buy.com overcharge anyone this month? the strange thing is, when buy.com overcharged, the phone number was 000-000-0000. I was charged $18.22 on one credit card then $18.23 three days later, and the same thing happened to my other credit cards that I made a purchase with. Anyone here got any idea what is going on?
Old 01-01-01, 01:13 AM
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by ultravmx:
Anyone here got any idea what is going on?

Call them, or go to detailed billing summary in your account on their site. If they overcharged you, call them, complain, and enjoy a FREE DVD. I did!

Old 01-02-01, 08:11 AM
Cool New Member

I was technically overcharged in December when they refused to apply several gift certificates to an order I had made. The order had gone through with the gift certificates applied and when I got my Credit Card bill I found that they charged me the full price. When I called to find out what happened they told me that the multiple gift certificates I used were only good for one per household. The problem I had was that the certificates did not say that anywhere on them and when I ordered they were applied. So how can they charge me the full price? I am currently still disputing the charge and they have the worst customer service I have ever seen. No more buy.com for me!