Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Moviesource.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-00, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was just wondering, why doesn't everyone just use moviesource to get their dvd's since their prices are considerably low, and there's a $10 off $30 coupon waiting for you. i just got u-571 and pre ordered the replacements for $28.07 total shipped. thats cheaper than buy.com or best buy... is there something wrong with moviesource?

~mark
Old 11-09-00, 07:08 PM

[AMERICAN PRIDE]

Because they are canadians, the root of all that is evil. Canada causes 90% of all of the worlds problems. Down with those sick b*stards.

[/AMERICAN PRIDE]
Old 11-09-00, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Online store forum?

Anyway, I used them and got me Gladiator and MI"2 for a few pennies less than anywhere else.
Old 11-09-00, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Well, I surely do enjoy that slab of microwavable back-bacon they include in the box with each order......
Old 11-09-00, 08:10 PM

he he

Well, my recent order from 800.com didn't include the free popcorn, whats up with that? That Bacon is starting to look a bit more appetizing.
Old 11-09-00, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 388 Likes on 278 Posts
As I understand it: they charge you when you place the order (even with pre-orders) and they **may** at some point in the future ship your order to you. They may show your credit card and shipping info to other customers.... Hmm is 10 off 30 that good still? Try a search in the online store forum. That'll show why people are not using them.
Old 11-09-00, 11:56 PM

Mitchell... good to see you... come back to harrass some more poor people I see. I guess CH fired you so you had to come here for fun.

(heh heh heh)

Old 11-10-00, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not had my MI2 from them yet.

Moving to On Line Store forum
Old 11-10-00, 06:26 AM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by strusinsk:
Mitchell... good to see you... come back to harrass some more poor people I see. I guess CH fired you so you had to come here for fun.

(heh heh heh)

Yep, no FVT means no Job.

Old 11-10-00, 09:55 AM

well they said that they won't bill you until they ship, but who knows. the pre order shipping is 99 cents if you order a released title at the same time. i guess ill let you guys know whats going on later ...
~mark
Old 11-10-00, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
They don't charge you until they ship??
Sure they do, at least they did to me.
I ordered their From dusk til dawn SE
4 weeks ago. Still nothing, but my card
was charged the day I placed my order.
I went to their online CSR chat, and was told
"well you need to talk to a CSR for that."
HUH??? Isn't that what they are??!?!?
I went back last night, and finally got an
answer, the disk was on backorder. Wow..
backorder for a full month for a dvd that
just came out.
Incredible.
I think I don't like canadian online stores.

Neitzl
Old 11-11-00, 01:18 PM

they billed me for the total, but afterwards i received an email stating that they crdited back half my order (because THE REPLACEMENTS is not released till december). so like i said before, i think they only bill you after they ship.

~mark

also, when you order from them and you want a receipt for the titles ordered you have to call them up and request it, the regualr receipt will only give you a receipt wit the total. in this example i needed a receipt for the u-571/pitch black deal to get a free dvd.
Old 11-12-00, 07:35 PM
Cool New Member

I've ordered several titles from them recently, utilizing various coupons and/or discounts, and have had no problem.
Old 11-12-00, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered from them once, and I'm now getting concerned since my MI:2 and Titan AE have yet to arrive, nor have I received a shipping confirmation....... please post here if your MI:2 arrives....

Geno
Old 11-13-00, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got my MI2 today in England, no shipping e-mail though but card was charged correctly. They should tighten up their customer service side and they could be really good.
Old 11-21-00, 10:43 PM

Placed an order back in OCT. for ToyStory1&2 and X-MEN. Just today got an email that X-Men shipped. Well what about ToyStory1&2? Here is what they said: "Toy Story is still on backorder. I can't say for sure when we will receive it in.
I'm guessing it shouldn't be too long."

Also pertaining to a second order I placed for Antz, A Bug's Life and MIB. "Bug's Life and Antz are not in stock. I cannot tell you exactly when we will get it in.
The studios don't tell us that."

What the frick is up with that last statement, the studios don't tell us that?

How long does it take to replenish stock? Maybe I'll get them one of these months, who knows . Maybe others have better luck with this company. I will not order from them again.
Old 11-22-00, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by geno:
I ordered from them once, and I'm now getting concerned since my MI:2 and Titan AE have yet to arrive, nor have I received a shipping confirmation....... please post here if your MI:2 arrives....

Geno
<HR>

Are you sure the Canadian street date is the same as the US street date. I ordered T2-UE from them and the Canadian street date was 10 days later so I had to wait longer.

Old 11-22-00, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I placed an order with them on October 28 for The Seventh Seal and A Night to Remember with the $10 off $30, and they still haven't shipped. I've talk to their online customer service three times - they're no help at all. At least they haven't charged my card.
Old 11-22-00, 10:43 PM

I replied to them on the ToyStory1&2. "I'll wait for the item to get in, do you think it will be in before Christmas?"

Their response was "I will try to get a hold of someone at the studio tomorrow and see if they could give me a more specific date."

As soon as I get my shipments I wash my hands of this company.
Old 11-22-00, 11:03 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I placed an order from them for Gladiator and CHicken Run..it shipped last friday, but not here yet, but I expect that because it is from Canada. Also, today I get the notice that I won their 1.99 prize for Gladiator, so I got both movies for about 16 bucks shipped, after their 10 dollar coupon. If I get my DVDs, and they are ok..then I am happy with them..

What they did on my order...They charged me on the spot..two days later, they credited back my credit card the full amount, and then the day it shipped, they charged my credit card again...
Old 12-21-00, 01:52 PM

For those who have ordered from moviesource (or have pending orders) you can now access your "order history" after logging in. (This feature was not available before.)

For your info only
Old 12-21-00, 09:15 PM

UPDATE to my original posts to this thread I have received my order for X-Men and ToyStory 2pack. Also received notice that the other order is shipped. If you are VERY patient, you'll eventually get your orders, mine has taken over a month for each individual order.
Old 03-18-01, 02:18 PM
Cool New Member

Thought I should update all on what's been going on at MovieSource.com lately:

* Our Chief Technology Officer is no longer with the company. Our new team has been doing a great job for us and the improvements can be seen throughout the site, meaning less problems and faster surfing

* All of our old "NetReps" have been replaced with real, live, caring people who truly want to help, and have more back-end tools to actually help

* We f-i-n-a-l-l-y have a proper credit card service - which means we only charge your card when the product ships (by the way, your card number is NEVER recorded on our site, it is passed directly to the card service)

* We only ship overseas via courier now - ground mail is way too unreliable...and some postie in Brussles now has a great DVD collection at our expense

* Finally, our fill rate and turn-around is much, much better than it was during our first-ever Christmas season. It's still difficult to get additional stock quickly from some Studios, but our distribution is carring much more shelf stock than before

Keep talking on DVDTalk - it's a great way for us to get feedback and continue to make the improvements that help us get past what was a difficult first year.

Old 03-18-01, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

mmmm..Canadians are sexy.
mini