Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Will I ever be getting the fixed LEON from Express.com?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Will I ever be getting the fixed LEON from Express.com?

Old 12-14-00, 06:19 PM
Banned

Ive been waiting months!
Old 12-14-00, 07:42 PM

I have not heard from them either, after their initial promise to send a replacement. I think we will never see it .
Old 12-14-00, 11:09 PM

That's odd - I had about 10 emails to their CS, with replies from about early September about my faulty disc. Once they had stock on hand, I sent the old disc back, on 17th October, confirmed that a replacement order was made, and kept hassling the CS (who was really nice about it) when I hadn't received anything by 22 November. The interesting thing is their reply to my email enquiry:

----------
I sincerely apologize, however, Leon: The Professional: International Version (Remastered) was backordered when the replacement order was made.

When this title was restocked, your order was somehow missed.

I have brought this to the attention of our technical staff for resolution and this replacement order should ship immediately.

I am very sorry for the delay, and for any inconvenience caused. We want you to have a great shopping experience at EXPRESS.COM, and we thank you for your patience.
----------

I emailed again asking for a confirmation and date that the order was shipped, and was told that it was shipped on 17th November, and I finally got it on the 27th November. Only problem was that the disc was loose and there were a few small scratches on the disc. The disc seems to play fine, and I don't want to go about this again, so I'll just keep this copy - sent them an email about it though.

So... my suggestion is to keep bugging them about your missing orders and hopefully you'll get some sort of resolution.
Old 12-15-00, 05:14 AM
Cool New Member

My copy shipped 17/11/00 and arrived about 10 days later in Oz.
It looks like your order has slipped through the cracks in their system.
Email them, ring if it's cheap. Cancel it if your not happy.

If you've been changed for it or received a defective item the number one weapon that you have is the credit card charge back.
http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,40343,00.html
You get your money back.
The Credit Card company almost always sides with the customer, since it's not an in person transaction.
The vendor/company gets a $100 (USD) fine and big black mark against it with the only person that counts the CC company.

Ian
Old 12-15-00, 05:29 PM
Red

About a month ago, I got tired of waiting especially after seeing the fixed Leon pop up at the local Circuit City. So I asked them to forget the replacement and just credit me for the disk. Finally got the credit four weeks later after 4 phone calls to Express and two really rude CSRs. These guys really don't want my business!

P.S. After the hassles of just getting the credit for the disk itself, I didn't bother asking them to credit me the shipping. May be I should have because I was nice enough to mail back to them the defective disk.

[This message has been edited by Red (edited December 15, 2000).]
Old 12-15-00, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A rare thing - a good Express experience. I mailed them once I realised I had a faulty copy and at first they said send it back and we’ll ship you out a new one once it’s available. I explained I was overseas, so they said keep the faulty one and we’ll re-ship a free copy the week of release. And that’s what happened!

Still wasn’t enough to get back my custom though.