Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Returns to Hivizone?

Old 12-03-00, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I received my 2nd order from Hivizone on Wednesday. Share my pain.

My first order consisted of 12 dvds via SpeedPost. 1 disc arrived loose & scratched but played fine.

This 2nd order was of 20 dvds via the cheaper air mail. It arrived quickly (I think it was 10 days), but 6 discs were loose & scratched. Of the 6, 4 had broken cases. 2 had broken spindle-hubs & 2 only had edge chips broken off the outer cases. I was disappointed but didn't think it too bad as long as the discs played - but out of the full 20, 3 DVDS ARE DEFECTIVE! Saviour of the Soul (which was loose, scratched) & Fong Sai Yuk 2 (which wasn't) will not even start up in my player or computer. Anna Magdalena plays for about 30-40 minutes & then pixelates & freezes or goes to the menu screen. Curses! I vaguely remember people complaining about certain Universe discs in the past, but I didn't pay much attention.

My questions are: How difficult is it to exchange defective discs at Hivizone? How much is shipping? Do I have to pay or will they credit me? I figure I should send an e-mail before actually shipping out the dvds. Am I likely to get a response? How detailed should I be? Any response is appreciated. How many others have gone through this?

This is all I see at their site:
For defeated disc, please return to us with the receipt within 14 days from the date of receiving the disc and we will replace it for you or have your money back (if title not available anymore).

I also received The General from 800.com that day - which I haven't opened yet because it rattles & I am deciding what to do...Sigh...

Old 12-05-00, 05:20 AM

Just wanted to share this with ya. I've returned DVDs to Hivizone several times. First of, you should email them at [email protected] and let them know about the problem and in your email ask them for their address and about the postage. They gave me credit for the postages in my account for future purchases. But be sure to tell them about it in the remark box with your order... Below is their shipping address :

HIVIZONE AUDIO VISUAL COMPANY
14A, YEE HOI MANSION,
LEI KING WAN,
SAI WAN HO,
HONG KONG

As for the email, it usually take them about 2 days to reply...Be nice when email them

[This message has been edited by money (edited December 05, 2000).]
Old 12-05-00, 04:21 PM
gamer for life

If you follow what was said above, you will have no problems. Hivizone is very good about situations such as these.
Old 12-14-00, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

i had a problem with my Herioc Trio disc and they got back to me in less than 24hrs, with a "We're sorry your disc is defeative." (yes, defeative) and return instructions. No mention of reimbursement for shipping, though. Nice, prompt resonse, hopefully my DVD replacement will be as quick.

[This message has been edited by iaido (edited December 14, 2000).]
Old 12-14-00, 02:01 PM

It looks like I may have to go through this soon too (re: http://talk.dvdtalk.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/021111.html). Thanks for the info
Old 03-01-01, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just wanted to give a little praise to Hivizone.

I sent back the defective discs listed above (3 that didn't play & 1 that did but had a broken case & was very scratched). Like iaido, I got no reimbursement for shipping, but they were very nice & sent me my replacements quickly. Unfortunately, the replacement for Anna Magdalena ALSO was defective. In fact, it was worse than the 1st disc. This one wouldn't even start up. I was pretty frustrated & really didn't want to pay to send it back again. This was too much for a $5.50 DVD so I e-mailed them again, told them of the problem, & asked if I could just throw this 2nd defective disc away & they would send me another. They agreed. It took a little while but I finally got the new replacement yesterday. It seems to be fine. I'm very pleased & will be happy to order from them again. I don't blame Hivizone at all but might be a bit more leery when buying Universe DVDs. 1 interesting thing: I think this new replacement is the 1st time I ever received a shrinkwrapped Universe DVD. Every other time they were bagged with a little sticker on 1 side.
Old 03-01-01, 08:23 AM

While I don't have any experience returning discs to HiViZone, I also did receive a disc that would not boot up at all on my player.

It was TIGER ON THE BEAT, and I ordered two copies, as my order was a combined one with a friend. Both copies of TIGER would not boot on my Panasonic A110, both would play fine on his Panasonic A120.

If you have a disc that doesn't even load, you may in the same situation as me - a finicky player that doesn't have much tolerance with discs such as these.

If that is so, replacing them may not help. In my case, it was one disc for $5.50, so I let it go. I don't anticipate having the A110 forever, and am sure it will be fine with my next player.

Bleddyn
Old 03-03-01, 01:53 PM

Does anyone notice the shipping charges at Hivizone has been increased. For an order of 20 DVDs shipped via Register Air Mail is now $36.00 instead of $31.00 (when I clicked on their shipping link, it still said $31.00 but will be $36 when placing an order)