Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Who's got the best price comparison site?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Who's got the best price comparison site?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-00, 11:54 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like some feedback as to what the fine members here at DVD talk consider to be the best DVD price comparison web site.

Maybe there isn't a single best one, but maybe 2, 3, or 4?

Thanks to all who reply.

JDub
Old 11-30-00, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

www.dvdpricesearch.com
Old 11-30-00, 02:19 AM

I have to agree 100% with naitram - its the best there is by a long shot, and I think most others on this forums would agree...

------------------
Welshlad
There's no need for you to tell me you think I'm right - We'll just assume that!
Old 11-30-00, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

DVDPrice Search is by far the best. Only problem is they don’t really update MSRPs if they are lowered, other than that it is a fantastic site.

Moving to On Line Store forum.
Old 11-30-00, 09:17 AM

I have also used www.bargainflix.com - I like the layout better.
Old 11-30-00, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So far the only site that really fits the bill is DVDpricesearch.

It does have some glitches or I'm just a bit retarded (BEANS & FRANKS!!!!!)

Perhaps some of you power internet users can fill me in if I'm doing something wrong.

I like to fill up my cart with the next 30 or so titles I'm interested in so I can track them daily or weekly. The problem is that periodically I need to go through and re-enter all of the titles

Is this happening because my "cookie" is expiring? Do they periodically flush the carts on the site?

As you can see I'm humbly bowing down before your superior knowledge... so please don't be to harsh on me (Looks like I'm going to have to get Mid-evil on his A**)
Old 11-30-00, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

JELLIS,

I checked out the sit you suggested (BargainFlix.com) and I would have to agree the layout is much nicer than dvdpricesearch but I think that is were their advantages stop.

Unless I missed it you can't store what state you are in so that the total price is sensitive to tax/no tax. This can make a difference.

Also for the titles I searched (all current titles) I only received pricing for 2 to 3 sites. Dvdpricesearch kills you with prices!

Thanks for throwing it out but I'll stick with dvdpricesearch until I've seen better.

I won't even go into how poor the discussion board seemed. It seemed that if I leaned in close enough to my monitor that I would pickup the faintest hint of tumble-weeds rolling through the board.

I now repent and promise to NEVER take a peek at any other forum again! Please forgive my beloved DVDTalk forum community!
Old 11-30-00, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

And thier services are good, once i emailed them for some pricing problems, they replied very fast.And even gave some hints on thier website usage.
Old 11-30-00, 07:40 PM
Cool New Member

I would recommend dvdtalk.pricegrabber.com , but then, I'm a little biased
Old 11-30-00, 09:18 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by JCJF10:
JELLIS,

I checked out the sit you suggested (BargainFlix.com) and I would have to agree the layout is much nicer than dvdpricesearch but I think that is were their advantages stop.

Unless I missed it you can't store what state you are in so that the total price is sensitive to tax/no tax. This can make a difference.

Also for the titles I searched (all current titles) I only received pricing for 2 to 3 sites. Dvdpricesearch kills you with prices!

Thanks for throwing it out but I'll stick with dvdpricesearch until I've seen better.

I won't even go into how poor the discussion board seemed. It seemed that if I leaned in close enough to my monitor that I would pickup the faintest hint of tumble-weeds rolling through the board.

I now repent and promise to NEVER take a peek at any other forum again! Please forgive my beloved DVDTalk forum community!
<HR>

Yeah, I know what you mean about the message board - I looked at it once, well, maybe twice. They have just had the prices for what I was looking for and the stores that I was looking for them listed. Don't get me wrong, I have used DVD PriceSearch many times and will continue to use them - I was just offering it up as another suggestion (DVDPriceSearch was already listed, so I couldn't use that one) - I still prefer their layout to DVD PriceSearch (Just my opinion).
Old 12-01-00, 01:30 AM
Banned

quote:<HR>Originally posted by jonathan.e:
DVDPrice Search is by far the best.<HR>

He's right.. ...for a change

Old 12-01-00, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

'where does he get those wonderful... smiley faces?!'

--- read by the voice of Jack Nicholson as the Joker in BATMAN