Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon order vanished, money taken

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon order vanished, money taken

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-00, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weirdest thing ever to happen to me at Amazon, and trust me, I've been with them since 95 and some weird things HAVE happened before.

I shouted at them a bit about not respecting free shipping after they canceled "legend" on me and taking my order under $100, so they indeed have a note on the order saying "refund requested" (still haven't seen any money returned).

But now I log in, and my entire december order is GONE! I go and check my gift certificate account, the money is still taken.

Sheesh, I hope it's some display bug or I'm out of $130, of course I mailed them and waiting for a reply. But these things tend to take out the holiday spirit right out of you.
Old 11-29-00, 01:46 PM

There are having a glitch with their order satus screen. Same thing happened to me (without the yelling at them) and I called a CSR today. She verified that my orders were still intact and said they should reappear on the site by tomorrow.
Old 11-29-00, 02:29 PM

yep same here ALL my preorderes have vanished. Im at school and have no way 2 call them anytime soon. Hope they repair the situation as a Few itmes were suposed 2 be shipped today.

Greg
Old 11-29-00, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

With all the Amazon GCs floating around they have been my primary spot to buy DVDs this year and the only problem I've had was a short delay in they're shipping department the week before Thanksgiving. This was only a problem because these were gifts to be given at Thanksgiving and there system wouldn't let me cancel the unshipped items for 3 days.

They will pay for the return freight but it was kind of a drag to go to the B & M after expecting to get them at work (they now under my desk).

One other time I didn't include the suite # on a shipping address and the shipment got "lost". This was clearly My Fault and I stated that when I called them but they went ahead and reshipped it to the correct address Free Of Charge (My three favorite words).

Thank God for all that Public Money!