Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Express.com: never EVER again!!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Express.com: never EVER again!!

Old 11-19-00, 06:37 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, I have to rant. And this is in addition to an Express.com post I wrote yesterday, but I am *really* done with that company. Regardless of any future coupons they may offer or great discounts. Here's what happened. I called them Friday morning the minute they opened. I tried to cancel my pre-order of "Gladiator" (that I ordered months ago) because I just learned my sister bought it for me for my birthday (from Buy.com, which she already got btw). The CSR said it was being processed for shipment at that time and would be going out that day. That there was no way they could stop it. He told me if I didn't want the order that I could write "return to sender" on the package and ship it back. Gee, never would have thought of doing that. And wait 4-6 weeks to be reimbursed? No thanks. Later that night, I noticed the status of the order was still ready for shipment (!?) so I called again. This time they told me it would be going out on Saturday. Today, Sunday, the status is *still* ready for shipment. What the hell!? When I called AGAIN, they said it wasn't going out until TOMORROW (Monday). What a bunch of crap! They could have cancelled this order three full days ago when I first called. Who do they think they're fooling. I asked to talk to a supervisor and finally got to speak to one. After the CSR said in a snippy tone "There's nothing HE can do either!" At least the supervisor was pleasant and mostly understanding. He even apologized. But it's too late at this point. I told him that this would be the last time I ordered anything from them. I was very calm throughout our conversation. Even with the CSR. I just wanted them to know that enough is enough. Once again, he apologized and that was it. From this point on, it's Best Buy or Circuit City. It's just not worth it dealing with these online stores anymore.
Old 11-19-00, 06:58 PM
Cool New Member

I here ya!
Iv had the same type stuff happen to me.
Iv gone to dvdempire and they shipped xmen,escape from ny and gladeator on friday.
Old 11-20-00, 12:37 PM

Totally agree... they are getting so so bad at the moment with pre-orders and non in-stock items.

You know what though, they are still very good with actual in stock stuff so I don't rule out the possibility if I so happen to want something they actually have (not to mention if they issue coupons).
Old 11-20-00, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I recently ordered Halloween 5 and Evil Dead 2 LE's from express.com(I used a 20$ of 50$ coupon). When I realize Halloween 5 is defective, I send it back, for a new one, 7 days later I get a package from express, I open it and what do I see? ANOTHER Evil Dead 2 LE. I call them with the problem and they say they have no record of ever seeing my return shipment.
Old 11-20-00, 03:48 PM

One man's problem is another man's great news!

This means that I will actually get Gladiator - and before Thanksgiving as well (I'm close to Express.com).

PS You can probably sell your extra copy on ebay -- for the first time, I listed a DVD on ebay - the high bid is currently at $20 , but it only cost me $3 and sells for $13.99-$16.99 online.
Old 11-22-00, 01:19 PM

Please don't pick on Express.com over their cancellation policy since they are so weak in so many other areas as well.

Buy.com is just as bad as Express on cancelling orders. If you want to make sure an order gets cancelled from Buy, you have to allow about 3 weeks to make sure. Any closer to street date and the order ships!

A wise forum member several months ago said it best: "if you want to make sure you get an order from Buy, just cancel it!"
Old 11-22-00, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wierd, I cancelled a pre-order from buy about a week and a half before it was to be out and it was cancelled promptly.
Old 11-22-00, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:<HR>Originally posted by aob505:
Wierd, I cancelled a pre-order from buy about a week and a half before it was to be out and it was cancelled promptly.<HR>

Ditto.....no problems here cancelling a dvd title from a specific order!!! I have done this several times with no problems!!! If you wait until the final week before the movie is to be released....you should expect to see this movie on your doorstep!!!

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 11-28-00, 02:53 AM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Useless1:

The CSR said it was being processed for shipment at that time and would be going out that day. That there was no way they could stop it.
<HR>

That's funny, because I know for a fact that you can cancel orders even if it's in ready for shipment. You do have to call or contact them because you can't do it yourself at that point. I guess it depends on which CSR you get. I do know that they had a little trouble getting the big 11/21 titles out... especially with the Thanksgiving holiday right there too. But I do have to agree with dvdirv - Buy.com cancellations are far worse. You request a cancellation, wait a week or two, and when you finally call them to ask about it, it's already been shipped.