Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Express.com sucks

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Express.com sucks

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-00, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered the Bubblegum Crisis Mega Series 4 Pack (it's a Japanese Anime) 2 months ago on a pre-order. It was delayed once which is fine and not Express's fault. Then on the release date, I look at my account and it says "backordered". How can it be backordered when it just came out AND I preordered eons ago?? I sent them an email and no response. Looks like it's planetfeedback here I come!

- Guru
Old 11-24-00, 02:06 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I ordered the Ultimate Toy Box on Saturday, and got it today. It came with a Buzz Lightyear stuffed storybook deal thrown in for free. Express.com is still ok by me.
Old 11-28-00, 01:43 AM

No matter how early you preordered, I'm sure some one else beat you to it. And of course it'll be backordered if they don't have it in stock, even if it's been released. I work at an online retailer and you'll be amzed to see some titles are preordered almost a year before its released (I think that was Final Destination or something... ok ok, it's release date got postponed a gazillion times so I guess that's why) and then people who preordered it the day before it's released will complain about their DVDs not arriving on the release date... go figure. But getting back to my original point, preordering 2 months in advance doesn't seem all too early considering the scarcity of anime titles these days. It'd be different if the preordered title was Gladiator.