Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone having problems with Barnes and Noble's website(bn.com)?or other stores?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anyone having problems with Barnes and Noble's website(bn.com)?or other stores?

Old 11-25-00, 10:05 PM
Banned

In light of the recent cancelling order mess at amzon I decided to check up on my lone order at Barnes and Noble(bn.com). I had pre-ordered a DVD called "Solor Force" it's a B grade sci-fi moive with Michael Pare and Empre City(Video) again starring Michael Pare. I had ordered these items on November 5th ,2000 with lots of time before the release date of "Solar Force " on DVD november 14(I also used a coupon from DVD talk for this order!!Thank You DVD talk!)
I just got off the phone with Barnes and Noble and found out the order is being shipped as I type this message!!
As a warning to all of us who have to buy our DVD's online check back with(online retailers) them often!!I also did the same thing with that order at Amzon last night!!It's too bad the titles those of order online at not at B&M stores in our cities!!Heck I do not mind ecommerce as long it's does not take forever to get the desired items!!
Old 11-26-00, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
I too cancelled my lone order with them.

I had pre-ordered Bridge Over the River Kwai from them when it was announced.

About two weeks BEFORE street date I received an e-mail from stating that my order was going to be backordered.... This made no sense to me at all.

I later found that Geoff K. had posted some last minutes pre-order specials one of which was on the Bridge Over the River Kwai.

I called B&N and had my order cancelled (had to call as I could not find any way to cancel online) and placed an order last Sunday at Checkout.com for about $7 less than the B&N price.

Got my movie on Wednesday. Quick turnaround, lower price and great post by Geoff = 1 happy DVDer (me).

Woo Hah!!!

------------------
Frequently doing the undoable...