Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon getting slower and slower

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon getting slower and slower

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-00, 01:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just me or is Amazon.com getting slower and slower at Shipping DVD's. I ordered a few DVDs last week and they still havent shipped (6 days later). I remember my last few batches of DVD's taking at least 5 days to ship. Let alone the 3-7 days it takes after the item ships.
What ever happened to the Amazon.com that shipped stuff same day or next day?

------------------
My E-mail: [email protected]
CashSavingDeals.com
Old 11-17-00, 02:27 PM
Cool New Member

For some reason, any criticism of Amazon incites a large number of flames. However, my experience has been the same as yours. I order from them because I have a bunch of gift certificates to use, however I just decided to use them all at once and be done with them.

My order for perfect storm has not been shipped. This is even after emails and phone calls.

Several times they have charged my credit card even though the total was paid for by gift certificate. (although customer service always was friendly and helpful and fixed the problem)

One occaision the item did not ship because they had applied it to a credit card that I had cancelled. I pointed out that it was totally paid for by gift certificate and it eventually shipped.

In conclusion, it is just too much of a hassel, even for free, to deal with the long waits and credit card screw ups.

I think it is a good company, but needs serious improvement before I return to them.

If they would just tell the truth I would be happy. For instance, we did not order enough and a new shipment is comming next week or the warehouse is on holiday, anything would be exceptable. But when you call they just say they do not know and have no connection with the warehouse it is frustrating.

Please do not flame me as I tend to have thin skin and it makes me sad to get called names.
Old 11-17-00, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had 5 DVDs preordered that were released this past Tuesday but they failed to ship them until today. The items were listed as in stock and for several days they were listed as shipping soon in my order history. They might be swamped with orders with this free shipping promotion currently running. But I do agree they are taking longer than normal to fill orders.

------------------
My DVD and Laser Disc Collection
Old 11-17-00, 03:04 PM
Banned

It could be because the Christmas rush is starting, but if they are this busy now, I cant imagine how busy they will be come mid-December.
Old 11-17-00, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've got Gladiator and X-Men coming in on next week through Amazon and am hoping I won't encounter any delays. The whole business of shipping them the day of release sucks but whatcha gonna do?

After these titles, I'm gonna give online ordering a break for several months minimally. It seems that I can get the same prices if not better at Costco and bestbuy B&M and have the discs in my hands the day of release!

------------------
Gojira
Old 11-17-00, 05:01 PM

I encountered the same problem...well,if you can call it a problem. I mean i`m not in a hurry and i don`t need the DVD to arrive on Street Date.

But i think next week we`ll hear even more complains about Amazon with big releases like Gladiator and X-Men. Amazon has alone of Gladiator more than 85`000 pre-orders so i think we can expect some delays for sure.
But they still deliver promptly and i`m still happy with them.
Old 11-17-00, 07:28 PM

This seems to be true of all stores.
Old 11-17-00, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Once the parking Nazis here at GA Tech give me a permit for my car, I'll be hitting the online stores less and less, especially since it seems Freeride's days are done.
Old 11-18-00, 04:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I F'n hate it, my items have been "shipping soon" for the last 3 days, and it will say that longer because of the weekend. Instead of recieving my items on tuesday, I may get my stuff after Thanksgiving which is bullsh*t.

Amazon.com is pissing me off slowly, and it's now taking forever to recieve any damn item from them.

If I havn't use gc's, I woundn't waste time shopping from a place that ships items 2-3 weeks late.

Old 11-20-00, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've only received a DVD from Amazon on time once. I never get anything early, but I always get something late. Of course I'll probably get my Gladiator and Perfect Storm after Thanksgiving since I still haven't even gotten a shipping e-mail yet. I hate waiting.

------------------
============================================

'Eritis sicut Deus, scientes bonum et malum.'
Old 11-20-00, 07:21 PM
Banned

An interesting update to my post, My order STILL hasnt shipped. It has been downgraded from Ships in 2-3 days to Ships in 4-6 weeks! It now estimates my delivery between Dec - Feb! All it is is a couple Monty Python DVD's that have been around for a while. I would cancel my order but it was free with eCho GC's, so I have to use Amazon.

------------------
My E-mail: [email protected]
CashSavingDeals.com
Old 11-21-00, 04:19 PM

For those who have a 'shipping soon' item not going out: are they all linked to 'Perfect Storm' in the order somewhere?

Because Gladiator and Chicken Run etc are flying out the door, but my order with perfect storm and X-Men are stuck in 'shipping soon'... perhaps the computers are having problems with Perfect Storm?
Old 11-21-00, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've never had an order take longer than 3 days...Knock on wood!
Old 11-21-00, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

X-Men, Gladiator and Neon Genesis Evangelion are "shipping soon". It just figures.
Old 11-22-00, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had this problem last week and again this week. I am stuck in the shipping soon zone. Last week they didn't ship my orders until Friday and I finally received them today, a week past the release date. I am currently waiting for Gladiator, Chicken Run, Bridge on the River Kwai(LE), Tucker-A Man and his Dream, and Planes Trains, and Automobiles. All titles say one on hand.

[This message has been edited by LASERMOVIES (edited November 21, 2000).]
Old 11-22-00, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My X Men, Gladiator and Chicken Run all shipped yesterday. They should be here by Friday at the latest. I'm happy.

Update:
I received my Gladiator and Chicken Run DVD's today (11/22). Looks like I am having better luck with Amazon then Buy.com these days.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

MY GETTING LONGER BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.

[This message has been edited by cloud (edited November 22, 2000).]
Old 11-22-00, 01:19 PM

There goes my theory... my order with The Perfect Storm shipped. (as well as the 21 Nov stuff)
Old 11-22-00, 04:08 PM

I pre-ordered the Perfect Storm with Planes, Trains and Automobiles which just became available yesterday and I got both DVD's today. I order almost weekly and I have only had to wait twice. I've been lucky. The prices are a little higher than buy.com, but they offer so many ways to get free gift certificates that it makes up for it.
Old 11-22-00, 07:02 PM

I agree that amazon is getting very slow. I was one of the first people to preorder Gladiator from them and it still hasn't shipped. It just says "processing" It shouldn't take this long to process.
Old 11-22-00, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hmmmm...got a shipping confirm on Monday and still no Gladiator. Not a big deal but I'm surprised it has taken this long.
Old 11-22-00, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 366 Likes on 218 Posts
My X-men & Gladiator which I tried to cancel late Saturday night but the site would not let. Was shipped out Monday & arrived this afternoon.

Kahuna
Old 11-23-00, 04:36 AM

My pre-orders for 11/21 still says "shipping soon." It IS getting worse. However, an order I made from Barnes&Noble for 2 dvds yesterday morning which according to the site will ship in 2-3 days actually shipped the same day and was even upgraded to UPS 3-day select.

[This message has been edited by serse (edited November 23, 2000).]
Old 11-23-00, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

keep complaining to CS and they'll cave and give you free stuff. I just got MI:2 for free for complaining. Usually calling works best, hang in there until they transfer you to the department which will bribe you to go away. Upgraded shipping is the worst you'll do, you can often get GCs, especially if you order from them a lot.
Old 11-23-00, 04:54 PM
Cool New Member

I have Chicken run still on order even though I ordered it via the Videotropic pre Amazon order link early September.

6 Emails later and it still hasn't shipped. Replies to my emails say, yes I have it on order, yes it will ship, yes there is one in stock but the damned thing still hasn't shipped.

I ordered another DVD yesterday and the status has changed to 1 in stock - shipping soon while my CR DVD still shows just 1 in stock.

Being in Australia I don't really want to phone them so I'll just keep emailing them. I've asked them to upgrade my shipping.

Will let you know the outcome.

Old 11-23-00, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by cloud:
My X Men, Gladiator and Chicken Run all shipped yesterday. They should be here by Friday at the latest. I'm happy.

Update:
I received my Gladiator and Chicken Run DVD's today (11/22). Looks like I am having better luck with Amazon then Buy.com these days.

<HR>

I got X-Men on Tuesday, shipped on Monday. Gladiator, also shipped Monday, hasn't arrived. I'm guessing today being Thanksgiving had something to do with it. I'm hoping for it tomorrow.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.