Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Has buy.com shipped anything this week?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Has buy.com shipped anything this week?

Old 11-21-00, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 307 Likes on 250 Posts
White Christmas still "On Order."
Old 11-21-00, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had two orders with buy. the first was Gladiator. The other was another Gladiator and X-Men. Well, I got my single order for Gladiator on Monday. And as of now 4:45pm Tuesday the other order has not even shipped! I was so looking forward to watching X-men on Thanksgiving with my nephews. Ugh!
Old 11-21-00, 10:01 PM

I pre-ordered:
XMen
Gliadiator
Beastie Boys
NSync Live at MSG
In Mid October. They all show 'on order' in order status. Those of you experiencing the same problems, please post when you ordered yours. Buy CS has no explanation other than well the warehouse may be backed up or whatnot....This is not normal in my other buy pre-orders
Old 11-22-00, 12:52 AM

Still waiting !!!!!

And to think... Best Buy, not even a 1/4 mile away has them on the shelves and for the same price that I got USING A COUPON

If they go out of buisness, I say good riddance! The whole point of pre-ordering is so I could get it delivered by the street date!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I could be watching Gladiator right now!!!

[This message has been edited by whomod (edited November 21, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by whomod (edited November 21, 2000).]
Old 11-22-00, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ordered:

Escape From NY
Planes Trains and Autos
X-Men

Received:
X-Men, 11/20.

Still waiting on other two. Glad this is normal... I was about to get uppity about it.

-Beebs
Old 11-22-00, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

FWIW, buy.com finally shipped my weeks-old Life of Python pre-order. it's ok by me, really, as i'm in no rush to watch it. i don't plan on checking it out until i get through the Flying Circus box set (which may take months at the rate i watch things ).

DJ
Old 11-22-00, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
I'm still waiting on a bunch of pre-orders from Buy.com:

Gimme Shelter: CC
Beastie Boys DVD Video Anthology: CC
X-Men
Chicken Run
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Romper Stomper

The first two are on 2 separate orders with other titles, some of which I already received, others were Criterions delayed till next year.

The last 4 are on an order with The Straight Story and Gettysburg. I already received The Straight Story, but the disc was loose and scratched pretty badly, so I sent it back for a replacement. I was beginning to wonder if this caused a delay with the rest of my titles on this order, but I see I'm far from the only one.

I've never had trouble with Buy.com before, except for some Fox titles that several e-tailers had trouble getting due to replication issues. I find it odd that in the beginning of the Christmas shopping season, and while they are running television ads in the NYC market, they are experiencing shipping problems. I hope there's nothing more to the story, but I fear they may be headed down the same path as Express.

Darin

------------------
DVDs are addictive
CDs are too
Old 11-22-00, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Got Chicken Run yesterday.

Still have X Men and Gladiator on order with them....

------------------
Frequently doing the undoable...
Old 11-22-00, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got the third Kenshin tv disk yesterday. To bad I canceled it three weeks ago.
Old 11-22-00, 02:27 PM

For those who are keeping score:

X-men: ordered 11/06/2000, shipped 11/21/2000

------------------
/dev/null
Old 11-22-00, 06:14 PM

I still havent received X-Men or Gladiator. Plus I know that the won't come tommorow because it Thanksgiving. I guess I have to go to the store and buy them tonight and then return my ones from buy.com when the finally come. Thanks alot buy.com for like the fifth consecutive week of late movies. After all my pre-orders are done I am going to never use you guys again, and I think I am not alone. US stock should be down to zero in 2 mounths.
Old 11-22-00, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by beebs:
Ordered:

Escape From NY
Planes Trains and Autos
X-Men

Received:
X-Men, 11/20.
<HR>

Planes Trains and Autos shipped on release day, 11/21. I'll probably get it on Monday as I sent it to my workplace.

Escape from NY hasn't escaped from Buy.com's clutches, yet. I have faith that Snake will find a wait out of there... it's only a matter of time.

-Beebs
Old 11-22-00, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Well I also still have not yet received PT&A's yet either and I am steamin mad! I truly wanted to wake up tomorrow and watch this Thanksgiving tale. I haven't even received a shipping notification. It is listed as "on order" at their website.

So to remedy this, I have employed what has become conventional wisdom with Buy.com. I have cancelled my order knowing that this will result in my DVD arriving in my mailbox quicker than any other tactic (i.e. complaining to C/S). If it wasn't a holiday tomorrow, I would just go out to Best Buy and pick it up there, and then resell the Buy.com copy (assuming it gets to me) on Ebay. Yeah, I might have to absorb a small price differential, but WTF.

------------------
"No one here but us rich folk"- J.R. Ewing
Old 11-23-00, 01:59 AM

Around this time last night right after I posted my previous tirade against Buy.com, I went and e-mailed them thru their customer service e-mail. I went on another tirade there and was surprised to see them respond around 1 a.m. the e-mail though wasn't to my satisfaction since it told me nothing about when my order was to arrive. the e-mail simply stated some info about their distributors.

I just got home and was chatting with my wife about the day. i somehow got into discussing the price of Gladiator at Fry's Electronics (13 bucks! ) and then went on another tirade about online shopping and buy.com. After I was done, i come in my comp room and see this box in front of the comp. YES!! it was from Buy.com and was express delivery!!!! It was my Gladiator and X-Men videos. My wife then tells me, oh yeah, I forgot to tell you you got a package.

So Buy.com ultimately did come through and saved Tanksgiving to boot! I don't know the moral of this story but seeing as how i'm firing up gladiator as I type, I really don't care.