Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What B&M stores do you dislike the most?hate the most?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

What B&M stores do you dislike the most?hate the most?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-00, 05:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For me it's the Wherehouse, Target,Wal-Mart, Music for A Song(my city's Factory Stores where there are too close to MSRP!!) and CompUSA!!All of these stores have a pathetic DVD selection and I can get the same dvd's cheaper at Best Buy and Circuit City!!Of course I can also buy them cheaper online!!
For books I hate Crown Books!!They are lame and Barnes and Noble, Waldenbooks kicks their butt!plus I can buy my "doctor who" books at Waldenbooks and Barnes and Noble,where as Crown does even carry the series!!Crown is also set -up so you have to find everything by going though A-Z!!Who has time for that in today's very busy world?

So what B&M stores do you hate the most!!??Anybody care to share which B&M stores you dislike the most?

[This message has been edited by Aaron Amos (edited November 18, 2000).]
Old 11-18-00, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wal-Mart because they think they can get away with selling "clean" cds. Why don't they just not sell dirty cds to kids under 18? It would be a lot easier.
Old 11-18-00, 06:03 PM

Circus-City (CC) ever since they started on that DIVX kick!!
Old 11-18-00, 10:03 PM
Banned

Sh!tty City takes the cake! From their lousy customer service, to their salespeople, to their managers, to their merchandise! May they all burn in hell!
Old 11-19-00, 06:37 PM

It would have to be Frys.

Old 11-20-00, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tower Records/Books/Video (etc.) - Almost near MSRP for their products, terrible service,

Fry's... horrible prices, near MSRP, it is said that if you get a helpful person at Fry's, the ground would open up and swollow the store whole.

------------------
Decision 2000 - How will it end?

Mark Holtz - Visit my corner of Science Fiction at Deep Space Franchise.
Old 11-20-00, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well, CompUSA really isn't a destination spot for DVDs so you should not expect much from them. That's why they liquidated their inventory this past summer and now only carry a Top 15 or 20 list of DVDs.
Old 11-20-00, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anybody know any B&M stores that will give refunds for unopened DVD's without a receipt? Or, can I just take 'em into someplace and get store credit for them all? Preferably an electronics store like Bestbuy/Circuit City/Fry's, etc?
Old 11-22-00, 10:34 AM

i love the selection and prices at best buy, but everytime i go, the lines are WAY to long. no matter which location i go to, I have to wait for 30 minutes to spend $20. Circut city has almost the same selection, and the same prices with no lines. Must be becuase thier customer service sucks. Target is always overpriced, as is any store in the Mall.
Old 11-22-00, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Soup Nazi:
Sh!tty City takes the cake! From their lousy customer service, to their salespeople, to their managers, to their merchandise! May they all burn in hell!<HR>

Soup Nazi is dead on balls accurate. Circuit Sh!tty is suck! I've went there more for hardware than DVDs but they suck either way! It takes at least a half an hour at my local CC to conjure up a salesperson. Then they're completely uninformed and if I do decide to buy something to buy an item I'm given a 20 minute hard sell on the extended warranty.

I also don't like audio shops in general. Don't get me wrong, some easygoing, no hassle audio dealers are great. But it seems more than half of them, all they do is try to push whatever they have in stock no matter what your needs are. And here again they seem to be vastly uninformed. Most of them carrying 16x9 TVs have salesman that don't even know what an anamorphic DVD is.

I went to one the other night to audition a Klipsch sub, and two guys couldn't get it to work right. And this is a dealer with some relatively high-end equipment. First it wouldn't work at all due to a 'bad' cable (nice display there) so they moved it to another room. This time it worked but he couldn't get the output to where it would produce any rumble at all, with Godzilla in the player no less. Every excuse in the world was made but the truth - that neither one of them knew what the hell they were doing. I probably could have gotten it fixed up quickly but I was tired from work and just left.

Old 11-22-00, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Aaron Amos:
For books I hate Crown Books!!They are lame and Barnes and Noble, Waldenbooks kicks their butt!plus I can buy my "doctor who" books at Waldenbooks and Barnes and Noble,where as Crown does even carry the series!!Crown is also set -up so you have to find everything by going though A-Z!!Who has time for that in today's very busy world?
<HR>

Dude! Chill out. Crown is not a bookstore designed to be in league with Walden, Dalton and ESPECIALLY not B&N or Borders. These stores all tend to keep a large inventory of books on hand. Crown is a DISCOUNT bookseller. This means they have the more recent titles in hard cover and paperback on hand and not the entire "Doctor Who" collection.

Seriously, do you expect your local Sam Goody to stock the entire CD collection of BABYLON 5 soundtracks? Of course not. Borders or Tower on the other hand might offer you a better shot.

Trust me, if you're in the market to buy current best sellers as gifts this holiday season, you'll likely get the best prices at Crown.

[This message has been edited by rfduncan (edited November 22, 2000).]