Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Some Targets have stopped selling movies

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Some Targets have stopped selling movies

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-24, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Some Targets have stopped selling movies

I went to my local target on the weekend, and the one small shelf unit at the end of the vinyl record aisle that had movies is now all Kpop records and CDs.
The only movies in the store are copies of Despicable Me 4 in a cardboard standup display.
Old 10-15-24, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,269 Likes on 1,741 Posts

It'll be interesting to see what they do on Black Friday (since as I said earlier they still have discs in their ads, but only for new releases).
Old 10-16-24, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 406 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
It'll be interesting to see what they do on Black Friday (since as I said earlier they still have discs in their ads, but only for new releases).
I suspect there will be temporary endcaps for Black Friday.
Old 10-16-24, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 966 Likes on 813 Posts

They've been carrying fewer and fewer "Black Friday" media displays since 2020, usually no more than one or two token displays.
Old 10-16-24, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 373 Likes on 282 Posts

Black Friday seems to be dead everywhere, even Walmart didn’t have any extra movies for it last time I checked. Just happy for what I picked up the past years.
Old 10-16-24, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,196 Likes on 2,161 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Black Friday seems to be dead everywhere, even Walmart didn’t have any extra movies for it last time I checked.
Dead as a fuckin' doornail.

The pandemic pretty much killed it in 2020 and it never really came back. During the pandemic they started spreading their meager deals out over the month of November instead of one big rut on the morning after Thanksgiving, and they've continued that ever since.

Even discounting movie deals, last Black Friday was one big nothingburger. Very few deals to be had; Walmart's Black Friday last year was basically just the same shit they normally stock at the same prices. The doorbuster was an $80 air fryer on sale for $70. BFD...
Old 10-17-24, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 218 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Dead as a fuckin' doornail.

The pandemic pretty much killed it in 2020 and it never really came back. During the pandemic they started spreading their meager deals out over the month of November instead of one big rut on the morning after Thanksgiving, and they've continued that ever since.

Even discounting movie deals, last Black Friday was one big nothingburger. Very few deals to be had; Walmart's Black Friday last year was basically just the same shit they normally stock at the same prices. The doorbuster was an $80 air fryer on sale for $70. BFD...
Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Black Friday seems to be dead everywhere, even Walmart didn’t have any extra movies for it last time I checked. Just happy for what I picked up the past years.
I have to wonder if Black Friday was used as a convenient avenue for wally's distributors to unload excess inventory collecting dust in their warehouses.