Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What online store do you HATE?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

What online store do you HATE?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-00, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now when I say HATE I mean You'll would take joy in seeing them go out of business LOL

CDnow is my top pick!!! They are charging me 6 bucks for shipping and when I ask to change it they say...you can't...WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!! It not over seas or anything....
Old 11-16-00, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That would have to be healthcentralrx.com. Failure to ship orders, failure to respond to e-mails or telephone calls, charging your credit card & then not shipping your order, promising to credit your card and then not doing so, etc., etc., etc.

These guys have no business being in business.
Old 11-16-00, 07:00 PM

What's Hot Now - need I say more?
Old 11-16-00, 07:29 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by White Knight:
Now when I say HATE I mean You'll would take joy in seeing them go out of business LOL

CDnow is my top pick!!! They are charging me 6 bucks for shipping and when I ask to change it they say...you can't...WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!! It not over seas or anything....
<HR>

Agreed! See below threads for my first/last experience with the crap-hole of a company...

http://talk.dvdtalk.com/ubb/Forum7/HTML/005794.html

http://talk.dvdtalk.com/ubb/Forum7/HTML/005102.html
Old 11-16-00, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's got to be buy.com. They take no responsibility for thier mistakes, don't answer thier emails, put you on hold only to give you a customer service rep who doesn't know beans. If they had good customer service I would actually like them becuase they have good prices and fast shipping, what a dirty rotten shame.
Old 11-16-00, 10:22 PM

There might be some I am not happy with from time to time, but I don't hate any of them.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

MY GETTING LONGER BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.
Old 11-17-00, 12:20 AM

Definitely Express.com...When everyone had great promotions in the good ol' days, they had almost none. When Reel died and they replaced Reel at BFL, I placed 7 orders for multiple titles. Only one order shipped.

Looks like I'll have my wish come true any day now.

As far as I am concerned, no online DVD-tailers have clean hands. I consume mass quantities of DVDs, and I've had some level of difficulty with everyone, especially CDNow, BigStar and Buy.com. But I don't want to see any of them go down, no matter how completely lame their product procural is or how evil their CSRs are. The competition keeps the prices at bay.

However, in the case of Express, if you can't ship anything, then you aren't even in the game, so get outta here!

------------------
Do you see what a can of worms this portal is? I don't think I can go on living my life as I have lived it.
Old 11-17-00, 01:11 AM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Amazon for their variable pricing "experiments" (until they got found out) and their reneging on misprices that were probably caused by aftereffects of variable pricing a couple of months ago
Old 11-17-00, 01:25 AM

Buy.com and Bestbuy. In my past experiences, buy.com couldn't help me out with I needed to use a coupon with a GC (but they wound up sending me 2 of the same item), bestbuy would never take my Mastercard for some strange reason and their personel just sucks. CDNOW is pretty bad with shipping, etc. I've bought most of my DVDs from them via freeride GC's, so I guess I shouldn't complain about them too much.
Old 11-17-00, 02:06 AM

Buy.com

They once stuck me with about $400 in overdraft charges because they authorized my CC twice. On top of that they only refunded about $330 off it. Took them a month to do it as well. I was about 5 seconds away from talking to a lawyer about it as well.
Old 11-17-00, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Hal2000:
Definitely Express.com...<HR>

I’ll second that. Since the awesome Reel ceased trading Express have lied, cheated and overcharged me at every possible turn. It’ll be a happy day when they finally go under.
Old 11-17-00, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:<HR>Originally posted by jonathan.e:

It’ll be a happy day when they finally go under.
<HR>

I think this time is coming very soon!!! It would be funny if they go under at the same time that Reel did earlier this year!!! I would be surprised if they last even that long into 2001!!

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 11-17-00, 08:50 AM

CDUNIVERSE becos of the $10 IWON off fiasco. That shitty company never did return me the total $20 I made for two orders. I really hate them!!
Old 11-17-00, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I agree - CD Universe is the worst (especially since DVD Wave crumbled and merged with them).
Old 11-17-00, 11:53 AM

Express.com wins the prize!

When other etailers were giving out coupons, they were not giving any.

When other etailers were giving discounts of 40% on all titles, Express was raising their prices.

When other etailers were charging shipping based on each order, Express was charging per shipment.

When other etailers were giving across the board discounts on all titles listed on their site, Express was giving discounts ONLY on in-stock items.

Do I need to add more examples?
Old 11-17-00, 03:16 PM

Express.com If I could send them to everlasting burning hell I vould!!!

Got a little carried away there! Express has got to be the #1 all time e-jerk!

piss poor customer service
expensive and charging a fee for every little thing

lying about shipping dates and shipping upgrades

and the list goes on and on and on

------------------
Gojira
Old 11-17-00, 03:34 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by wanderlust:
CDUNIVERSE becos of the $10 IWON off fiasco. That shitty company never did return me the total $20 I made for two orders. I really hate them!!<HR>

I'll second that vote - took them almost 3 months to ship me 2 DVDs and even longer for them to refund me for the multiple charges to my card. They did eventually refund me, but not after outright accusing me of lying about being double charged, even when I faxed them a copy of the statement! Definitely not worth all the effort. CDUniverse gets my vote for the company I will be happy to see go under.
Old 11-17-00, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

CD Universe for me as well. Other outfits may make mistakes or have some sh!tty policies, but no one is more incompetent than CD Universe. I've never seen another company that can consistantly swallow GCs, lie to you, ridiculous delays when a product was supposedly already shipped, damaged product, overcharging. Burn in hell CD Universe
Old 11-18-00, 06:50 AM

DVD WAVE would be my first choice as they billed for items not shipped and forced me to cancel my credit card and get a new one. Do you know how hard it is to contact all the etailers your have pre-orders with to get them to change your charge card info?
Thankfully theire already dead.

CD Universe used to be great. Low prices, plenty of coupons, no problems - until the took over DVD Wave or is it visa versa. After the takeover, they did the same thing Wave did, charged but didn't ship. Card 2 down the drain.

Buy.com does have some problems but with their prices and coupons their still good enough.

The best places to shop online for dvd's are also the most expensive as their discounts don't go above 30 percent.
DVD Planet (Ken Cranes) and Digital Eyes are both very reliable, just wish they would lower their prices or price match so I could use them more.
Old 11-18-00, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

TWEC.COM Please die soon!
Old 11-19-00, 09:45 AM

I absolutely loathe EBWorld. They just have no customer service whatsoever, you can't change or cancel your order online, and must email them (via their online form only... no email address).

Also, if you are overseas, like I am, they treat you like a thief, takes 3 weeks to verify your details (and won't allow you to fax them an invoice or anything to speed up the process). Annoying annoying.
Old 11-19-00, 10:00 AM

Oh, and throw Family Wonder in for me as well...