Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Buy.com and Status Updates?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Buy.com and Status Updates?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-00, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Does anyone else think buy.com does a lackluster job updating their order status page? Often times I will receive titles in the mail from them, and the on order status will be shown. I just don't understand them. None of my preorders from them have "shipped" yet, but I wonder what the odds they show up on monday morning are. I preordered romper stomper, gladiator, and beastie boys. Anyone else know anything about buy.com and their status pages? Thanks, Ryan
Old 11-18-00, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by deadlax:
(a) Does anyone else think buy.com does a lackluster job updating their order status page? (...)
(b) Anyone else know anything about buy.com and their status pages? Thanks, Ryan<HR>

(a) Yes.
(b) I know the status page sux Gluteus Maximus.

Still, I keep ordering from them... I must like the pain and suffering?!?

------------------
/dev/null
Old 11-19-00, 11:37 AM

Yes, I know what is going on. The past couple weeks the status of everything at buy.com sucks. They can't get a movie out on time anymore. The are turning to sh%t and the customer service, the only thing that they can do is go to my account and read the same thing that I am. I need a new store.
Old 11-19-00, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Come on... I know that they are not pretty good in updating the information on your orders, that they take forever to post movies to be pre-ordered, that they never add details/description about the movies being released and that by the time that you get an e-mail notification about your order being shipped; it has actually arrived to your door...

BUT they have pretty good prices and they have never messed up my orders, my pre-orders arrive before release date and they have some good coupons (sometimes), they fulfilled our orders w/Reel.com, gave us free shipping too.

[This message has been edited by terminator911 (edited November 19, 2000).]