Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Don't go to Crazy Eddie

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Don't go to Crazy Eddie

Old 11-15-00, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read a post here about Pioneer DV-333 player for $169.99 at www.etronics.com. Since I don't have any experience with etronics.com, I tried to call a few e-retailers to get a price match. I called J&R and they said they can't match the price and that's it. However, Crazy Eddie's CSR gave me a $149.99 price and a $97 shipping charge. Of course, I refused. That's how Crazy Eddie beats others' price.
Old 11-17-00, 07:01 AM

try printing out the webpage from etronics (or wherever you find the cheapest price online) and take it to your local sears. within the last 2 weeks, they've price matched (from the internet) a digital camcorder for my brother-in-law and a wega tv for me.

good luck...
Old 11-17-00, 09:28 PM
TDS

quote:<HR>Originally posted by hamachi:
I read a post here about Pioneer DV-333 player for $169.99 at www.etronics.com. Since I don't have any experience with etronics.com, I tried to call a few e-retailers to get a price match. However, Crazy Eddie's CSR gave me a $149.99 price and a $97 shipping charge. Of course, I refused. That's how Crazy Eddie beats others' price.<HR>

That doesn't sound right. I have ordered a Denon receiver and a VCR from them. Both times they beat my best online price (after some protesting), and each time the shipping was only $10-15. I would call them again.

Now, if only they had the Amex 20% off special again... Sigh
Good Luck