Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Express.com Order Status?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Express.com Order Status?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-00, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My order status at Express says "Ready for Shipment," but under "Ship date" it says 11/14/00. Could someone please tell me if this means that my order has been shipped or if it means that it has been ready for shipment since 11/14/00. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-15-00, 07:17 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
I had the same thing for two days. I called and they said they were hand checking all the orders for coupon fraud.

I cancelled the "Ready for Shipment" order on the phone and ordered at 800.com with the great coupon deal.
Old 11-16-00, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My order on 11/14 shipped on 11/14...hope to have it today or tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by indianajdp (edited November 16, 2000).]
Old 11-16-00, 02:49 PM
Cool New Member

are you guys nuts?
still ordering from them! WOW
Old 11-16-00, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by DENON FAN:
are you guys nuts?
still ordering from them! WOW
<HR>

I ordered from them last Thursday and got my order on Monday.
Old 11-17-00, 02:21 PM

I e-mailed Express as to why my order had not shipped- this was the reply I got:
Dear EXPRESS.COM Customer,

PLEASE NOTE: The coupon used on your order is "one time use only" coupon to be used on orders of $50.00 or more.

We are in the process of investigating all orders placed with this coupon code to make sure this coupon code was not abused.

All legitimate orders will be processed. All other orders will be canceled.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Hanson
I replied:
Dear Mr. Hanson,

I assure you I have not abused the coupon. This is the only order I have placed with you since you began having your financial difficulties. I used to order from you quite regularly and was always pleased with your service, but became wary of the problems I had heard others having with backorders, orders not shipping etc. When I got this coupon I thought I would give you another try. Although I understand your need to prevent abuse, if you cannot ship this order out by today (11/17) then please cancel it, and I assure you I will never bother to order from you again.
I haven't heard back, but now I am thinking I would have to be nuts to order from them again.
Old 11-17-00, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The sad part about this is that the CSR for Express will tell you ANYTHING even if it's a lie to get you off the phone and leave you with that warm good customer service feeling all over!

I had the same problem with T2UE. They listed it as an upgrade to fedex 2nd day and showed a ship date of the saturday before the release. i got it a full month later and was told repeatedly that i would have it "the very next day"!

Cut your losses and re-order it at another e-tailer or pick it up at bestbuy on the release date.

------------------
Gojira
Old 11-17-00, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I am in the same situation. I only placed one order with this coupon and it has been in the "ready to be shipped" status for the last three days even though they have the item in stock. I am debating whether to hold on or cancel my order.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

MY GETTING LONGER BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.