Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

How is CDNow, now?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

How is CDNow, now?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-00, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have any experiences with pre-orders their lately? Only interested in if they are shipping pre-orders in a timely manner in the last couple of months. Thanks.
Old 11-16-00, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

yes, I too am interested since I have a small GC I cashed out from freeride.... Thinking of combining it with a coupon...
Old 11-16-00, 02:47 PM
Cool New Member

if you EVER return somthing..MAKE SURE you insurence it .i dint and it took 3 months for them to say they got it back.
Old 11-16-00, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They switched DVD distributors several months ago. I've gotten my last few preorders on their week of release.
Old 11-16-00, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If they give you problems, just threaten that you will never go there again and that you will also tell your friends on and offline that they are bad. It worked for me.
Old 11-16-00, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ive been satisfied since they changed distributors. got pre-orders early except for two that are pending....but.. one of the two had a faulty street date and the other I believe does not exist but placed an order for it anyways...

Old 11-16-00, 07:23 PM

I refer you to two previos threads about CDNevers performance(lack there of):

http://talk.dvdtalk.com/ubb/Forum7/HTML/005102.html

http://talk.dvdtalk.com/ubb/Forum7/HTML/005794.html
Old 11-16-00, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It seems like they have changed for the better. i placed a couple of pre-orders about a month or two ago and I got one of them the day before release and the other a day after which I think is pretty good.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

MY GETTING LONGER BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.
Old 11-17-00, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 363 Likes on 215 Posts
Well they are still hit or miss with me. I placed a order for three dvds a month ago. They shipped one the Saturday before the street date. The other 2 were backordered. By the time the street date came Frequency went to processing status but Anna & the King stayed at backordered status. So I went to Circuit City and picked it up, thought about picking up Frequency also but decided against it. Got home and canceled Anna & the King. The next day these cracker heads canceled Frequency. I guess they did not want to ship it out since they had already paid shipping for the first dvd they shipped out from the order. I called they said it was out of stock, yeah right.

I preordered Fantasia Anthology & The Perfect Storm 2 weeks before the street date. Both were shipped out that Friday before the street date and arrived on the street date (Tuesday).

Kahuna

[This message has been edited by kahuna (edited November 16, 2000).]