Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

buy.com backorders

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

buy.com backorders

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-00, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had "Life of Python" backordered (order summary showing "on order") for quite a while now. Earlier this week their product database went from "on order" to "usually ships in 24-48 hours", which I assume means it's now in stock. I sort of expected my order summary to change to "processing" (or even better "shipped") but no such luck...

How long should I expect to wait for this to ship?

I did email their customer support and got a useless reply, telling me to track my order online... As if I'm not compulsive enough in my order tracking!
Old 11-16-00, 10:12 PM

Uh-oh. Sounds like you're in Buy.com's famous...

[minor chord]

...pre-order/back-order purgatory. Right now they're probably desperately looking for a supplier.

You probably have two options: Try cancelling the order, as many who cancel the orders seem to get their shipping notice the same day. Or, you cancel the order and find a vendor who'll sell it to you for a few cents more but will actually ship it to you in a reasonable amount of time.

Buy might not be "barbaric," but they're sure's-hell primitive.
Old 11-16-00, 10:18 PM

dev-null,

You might want to follow up with buy.com. They drop items that have been "on-order" ( not pre-ordered) for more than 60 days. I have had many items that were on order for a long time and did not ship when the item was in stock, I called and had the items either re-instated or had new orders entered. If the price has changed they have always given me a credit for the difference.

Mike
Old 11-17-00, 01:08 AM

Thanks for the feedback,

I'll try to get in touch with a Real Human[TM] at buy.com if my order doesn't get out of back-order-purgatory within the next few days.

Cheers!
==
/dev/null