Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Critrion Hard Boiled from yahoo closeoutvideo.com shipping?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Critrion Hard Boiled from yahoo closeoutvideo.com shipping?

Old 10-25-00, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today I got a notic from closeoutvideo saying my order had shipped. The only thing I ordered from them has the hard boiled criterion posted here a few weeks ago for 11.24, so check your e-mail there is still hope!

Rich

------------------
Old 10-25-00, 12:57 AM

sorry my "e" sticks

------------------
Old 10-25-00, 12:59 AM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Pieman:
sorry my "e" sticks

<HR>

Old 10-25-00, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry Pieman, but the people who received shipping notices today will be receiving a bag of popcorn and an Elton John cd as an apology for not being able to fullfill your order.
Old 10-25-00, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 422 Likes on 289 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Tuco:
an Elton John cd as an apology<HR>

Sounds like they need to send an apology for the apology.
Old 10-25-00, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Moving to On Line Store forum
Old 10-25-00, 04:07 AM
Cool New Member

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Todd Bangerter:
Sounds like they need to send an apology for the apology. <HR>

That's pretty damn funny Todd.

Old 10-25-00, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Tuco:
Sorry Pieman, but the people who received shipping notices today will be receiving a bag of popcorn and an Elton John cd as an apology for not being able to fullfill your order. <HR>

I thought you were joking about the popcorn and Elton John. I was all excited that I got a package today but my surprise it was popcorn and Elton John. DOH!
Old 10-27-00, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

BTW- What Elton John disc did they send?

I got a shipment notification email a few days ago.

Maybe I can give as a gift...
Old 10-31-00, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I received my order from them no problem a couple weeks ago. Then yesterday I got another e-mail from them telling me my order had shipped on Oct. 30 and would arrive by Nov. 4. Since the card I originally placed my order on (one that was charged for the DVD too) was close to it's limit, they better not be sending me another copy of my DVD and charging me twice. Closeoutvideo will pay any fees I have to pay for going over the limit if they pulled that kind of crap.

Anyone else get a second shipping confirmation e-mail from them?
Old 11-02-00, 12:06 PM

This company is amazing. 4 of the 6 items I ordered were "out of stock" and cancelled. 2 weeks later, I was able to put them in my cart again. All 4 DVD's, all new, and the out of stock notice was obviously off. I did not try to re-order them. An Elton John single CD and bag of popcorn is nice, but it is not what I ordered, nor is it what I want. I don't mind a cancellation if it is truly a cancellation. But I do get upset when I see that the items I ordered are magically available again! They will not see a penny from me again.

"Scr*w me once, your fault....scr*w me twice, my fault." This is one of my favorite sayings.
Old 11-02-00, 01:42 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by badger1997:
I received my order from them no problem a couple weeks ago. Then yesterday I got another e-mail from them telling me my order had shipped on Oct. 30 and would arrive by Nov. 4. Since the card I originally placed my order on (one that was charged for the DVD too) was close to it's limit, they better not be sending me another copy of my DVD and charging me twice. Closeoutvideo will pay any fees I have to pay for going over the limit if they pulled that kind of crap.

Anyone else get a second shipping confirmation e-mail from them?
<HR>

I also got a second shipping notice from them today. On the initial shipment, I only received one of the three DVDs I ordered. The others were out of stock. I don't know what to expect with this one. A bag of popcorn and Elton John?
Old 11-02-00, 04:06 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by IndyDVD:

I also got a second shipping notice from them today. On the initial shipment, I only received one of the three DVDs I ordered. The others were out of stock. I don't know what to expect with this one. A bag of popcorn and Elton John?
<HR>

IndyDVD,

Start singing Candle In the Wind and get the microwave ready. Now, keep checking back on their site and see if the ones that got cancelled magically appear available again.

Good luck!

Old 11-04-00, 12:18 AM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Tankusuker:
This company is amazing. 4 of the 6 items I ordered were "out of stock" and cancelled. 2 weeks later, I was able to put them in my cart again. All 4 DVD's, all new, and the out of stock notice was obviously off. I did not try to re-order them. An Elton John single CD and bag of popcorn is nice, but it is not what I ordered, nor is it what I want. I don't mind a cancellation if it is truly a cancellation. But I do get upset when I see that the items I ordered are magically available again! They will not see a penny from me again.

"Scr*w me once, your fault....scr*w me twice, my fault." This is one of my favorite sayings.
<HR>

Same thing here! What's going on??? I noticed it last week actually.

Peace,

Morley