Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Express.com-anyone getting their orders from them?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Express.com-anyone getting their orders from them?

Old 10-21-00, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts
Hey has anyone been getting their orders from them? I have several on pre-order and some to arrive next week, so I was wondering if anyone has been getting their orders. Normally I would not order from them but I had 3 $10 off a $25 order coupons to use. Thanks in advance
Old 10-21-00, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There have been many complaints regarding preorders being delayed time and time again for movies which have already been released!!! Express must be experiencing a serious cash flow problem...I heard some of their suppliers were requiring them to pay up front!!! Not Good!! I would highly recommend staying away from them at this point and see what happens. I use to be a regular customer and they use to be a place I recommended to people. The only place I recommend anymore is the old Ken Cranes which is now called DVDPLANET!!! www.dvdplanet.com

Good Luck!!!

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 10-21-00, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got my Toy Story UTB collection from the other day with nary a problem....

------------------
Frequently doing the undoable...
Old 10-21-00, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:<HR>Originally posted by speedy1961:
Got my Toy Story UTB collection from the other day with nary a problem....
<HR>

You are one of the lucky ones....they must have paid for these up front early in the game to insure timely delivery.

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 10-21-00, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've yet to receive anything from them, I have 2 outstanding orders for which they still say coming soon even though the dvds are out. These are anime orders though and Pioneer anime distribution is erratic lately.
Old 10-21-00, 01:59 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I placed an order for an item that has been out for a while..and they had 463 copys in stock..and it has not shipped yet..5 days after the order was placed.
Old 10-21-00, 02:03 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
right after I posted this, they finally shipped..LOL..
Old 10-21-00, 02:25 PM
Cool New Member

I had Rules of Engagement and the Patriot on preorder and Rules came a day early and the Patriot was just shipped today so we'll see if it gets here on time.
Old 10-21-00, 03:52 PM

I received 5 recent released dvds from them 2 days ago. And they have ready for shipment a couple of titles due to release next week. As long they have stock,I would still order from them. I would not order any backordered titles as we won't know when the stock arrives.

[This message has been edited by dvd_collector (edited October 21, 2000).]
Old 10-21-00, 05:50 PM

I received my Ghost in the Shell DVD a few weeks ago. Took 6 days for them to send it.
Old 10-21-00, 07:16 PM
Cool New Member

I orderd Madden2001 for the new PS2 and it said back-order on that.Im sick of em.
Old 10-22-00, 03:02 PM

Regarding Feneant's Pioneer anime orders--

It has been pretty well publicized that Pioneer stopped shipping to their distributors from Sept 22 to Oct 13 in order to do internal stock and reorganization (listed in Press Release) So a good part of what we are seeing seems to to be fallout from this shipping blackout on Pioneer and Pioneer related (meaning Viz Video, and Bandai) titles.

To back this up, Express has been shipping most of the non-Pioneer titles without problem (meaning the recent Vampire Hunter D title, released by Urban Vision arrived on promptly as did Gasaraki by ADV, and Slayers by CPM/Software Sculptors, as well as the BGC Hurricane Live disc) In fact the the only titles that I personally am experiencing delays on are the Pioneer/Viz/Bandai ones (and actually these delays were not unique to Express.com -- I had a similar delay on one title coming from Buy.com)

A reasonable conclusion then would be that the recent perceived difficulties with Express are really (in line with what the CSR department is saying) just delays from the distributor. The actual magnitude of the problem has probably also been artificially amplified by the demographics of Express.com's customer base (they receive a much larger proportion of orders stemming from the anime genre than the other major retailers as evidenced in their published sales figures)

Given that shipping to distributors resumed (presumably) on Oct 14th, we should see the retailers recieving stock this week and next. If the Express.com delays continue past that point, then it may be logical to conclude that there are additional difficulties. Until such time, I would not worry myself too much. If nothing else the delays give me more time to spend cleaning the apt, and preparing the Halloween costume.
Old 10-22-00, 08:03 PM
Cool New Member

In a word, no!

My one remaining order with them (I haven't ordered anything since news of their financial problems surfaced and the BFL rebate options disappeared) is in limbo at present.

I ordered Final Destination and From Dusk Till Dawn:CE on September 25th and because of their problems, From Dusk has been put back twice i.e. "Next Shipment due ..." and no sign of it. Most people would say cancel and get it somewhere else, but because I live in Ireland, most of the US options are out (due to shipping restrictions and prices). I also have rebates pending on the order (probably my last ones). Incidentally, most of the European outlets that I can use seem to be out of the titles also. Is this a worldwide stock problem of From Dusk Till Dawn?

Note also: The number of copies of Final Destination has gone down with Express from >1000 to less than 200 in the interim and I wonder, when they do eventually get the other title, will they be out of the other one? This happened to me with another of their orders previously and that shipped more than 3 WEEKS LATE!

Anyway, that's my take on their situation.
Old 10-23-00, 01:26 PM

I have recieved all of my orders from them in a timely manner, including Toy Story 1 and 2. I am however a customer who does not use many coupons. It is possible they are filling non and small coupon orders first and then sending out the free or virtually free ordersthat have used coupons. This would be one way of controlling their costs, but who knows?
Old 10-24-00, 12:47 AM
Banned

I've had it with Express.com. Everything gets put from preorder to backorder. I cancelled everything and reordered with buy.com using their new coupons.

The list on decent Online retailers is narrowing....
Old 10-24-00, 01:48 AM
Cool New Member

I ordered a whole bunch of Pioneer anime titles from express during the last BFL promo.

Four of the titles went on to back-order. Now (and for the last week) they all say "Our next shipment is expected on 10/27/2000".

Let's see what happens on Friday.
Old 10-24-00, 01:50 AM
Cool New Member

I just checked "Leon: The Professional: International Version" which I've been waiting for them to ship a replacement.

This also has been saying "Our next shipment is expected on 10/27/2000" but now says In Stock!.

I hope I see my copy soon!
Old 10-24-00, 04:56 AM
Cool New Member

and now it says "Our next shipment is expected on 10/27/2000" again
Old 10-24-00, 02:13 PM

I've placed a few orders here and there from express, the lateset being a preorder U-571. All of them were shipped at latest the next busniess day, or in the case of the preorder, it shipped on Saturday. I had a few coupons too, but it didn't delay my order any.
Old 10-24-00, 07:30 PM

I guess I've been lucky up until now - all my pre-orders with Express over the last few weeks have arrived on time. However, the status of my Two Lane Blacktop tin changed from pre-order to "ready for shipment" status on Saturday and Hasn't moved since - even though they show 84 copies in stock. I know that they are reportedly having trouble getting new items, but it seems odd that they are taking so long to ship an item they actually have in stock. My experience with them has always been that once the item starts moving through the shipping process it is usually completed/shipped within a few hours - this is the first time it has ever stalled halfway through like this. Since the official release date isn't until tomorrow, I guess I shouldn't be that concerned yet. If it hasn't shipped in another couple of days I'll probably give them a call.
Old 10-25-00, 12:45 AM

I received notice today from Linkshare that Express.com's affiliate program would become "inactive" on October 30th. This is not good news and for me means I'm probably going to get f'd by another retailer that owes me $$. First DVD Wave (remember them!!) now Express.com. I may be jumping to conclusions but to me this signals that the end is near for the once great online vendor.

Jeff
webmaster - thedvdlist.com

Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.....
Old 10-25-00, 02:22 PM
Cool New Member

Hm,

I ma also waiting for my Express.com replacement of "Leon".
I just hope they'll ship it before they go broke.

AM
Old 10-27-00, 01:31 AM

I've got to add a big fat NO. I mistakenly ordered three preorders from them a few months ago. The first arrived on the Thursday after street date. The second also arrived the Thursday after street date. The third -- American Beauty -- is still AWOL, and yesterday was Thursday (two days after street). It would be one thing if their prices were phenomenal, but they're significantly higher than the Best Buy that's five minutes away and has the titles out when they're supposed to be out. I don't know why I ordered anything from them in the first place -- I do know I'll never buy from them again. Serves me right for not using 800.com, which has always had great service. I hope Express goes out of business.

BTW, apowers, I didn't use any coupons on this order, so while the coupon theory makes sense, I don't think it applies in this case.

Additional note: it's now Saturday, the mail has come through, and my copy of American Beauty is still not here. It should've been here Tuesday, or Wednesday at the latest. I think I'll just buy it at Best Buy and return the copy from Express, assuming it ever arrives.

[This message has been edited by bwahahaha (edited October 28, 2000).]
Old 10-27-00, 08:42 PM

I just got the shipping notice for my last pre-order with express - It's kind of a relief not having to worry whether or not I'm going to get my orders from them anymore. Express has always been an excellent store, and I hope they can pull themselves out of whatever trouble they're in - but I don't think they're going to do it by not shipping orders (or not shipping them on time) and keeping people in the dark about why. That's only going to further alienate the customer base that they need to survive.
Old 10-27-00, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Still waiting... DVD released on the 3rd of October and sent out by other e-tailers. But... I ordered it before a change on the dvd so got it at 50% off...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.