Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Touch of Evil and Buy.com

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Touch of Evil and Buy.com

Old 10-28-00, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have heard how a lot of you have gotten early DVDs from buy.com and yet every time I have ordered from them in the past, there was always something holding my order 'till tue or wed. anyway, this week, thursay, I preordered Touch of Evil, and today, surprise, surprise, it showed up in my mail. What a cool thing! And the price was excellent, too!
Old 10-29-00, 01:10 AM

I got mine eary too, but the shocking thing was I got 4 DVDs from buy.com in 1 BOX.

And it was a regular box, not the size of a refrigerator, which I assumed buy.com would use if they ever put more than 1 in a box.
Old 10-29-00, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I pre-ordered Touch of Evil in late August from Buy.com. I imagine mine is lost in the system like on-order orders there go. I guess I will wait until Tuesday and see if its been shipped yet and then try the Cancel thing. I would have cancelled this long ago but I used a -10.00 coupon and then they (Universal) cut the documentary from the disc.
Old 10-30-00, 12:30 PM

I ordered TOUCH OF EVIL in August and when I got into the "Accounts" page at Buy.com yesterday (Sunday), I noticed that my EVIL was shipped on 10/27 and so expect it today.

Try logging in the accounts page to see if yours shipped. DO NOT wait for your email. Your disc will arrive before the email does!
Old 10-30-00, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dvdirv,

I check my account daily just to make nothing has happened and sure enough, just now, Touch of Evil is still listed as On-Order.

I had a 3 month horror story with them last spring/early summer for an On-order title. which was listed as In-stock on their web site for around 6 weeks in that 3 month period and alot of emails from me and garbage from them and finally I gave up and told them to cancel. 3 days later I get an email from them saying they couldnt cancel it because it had been shipped!!!
Old 10-30-00, 10:55 PM

"3 days later I get an email from them saying they couldnt cancel it because it had been shipped!!!"

Kind of makes you wished you would have cancelled the item much earlier? I don't know why they can't have easy cancellations on orders like "DVDExpress", "Amazon", and "DVDEmpire". I am giving them no less than a week to get my Zelda game shipped. If not, my entire order will be erased.

[This message has been edited by HomerSimpson (edited October 30, 2000).]
Old 10-31-00, 10:24 AM

I was shocked to receive five DVDs from Buy in one box yesterday: Touch of Evil and the two Prisoner sets. It seems they have their act together now.

As for the Monty Python complete set, that's another story.