Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Kudos To Amazon Thread (Short-lived? Maybe)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-20, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Just wanted to give a big THANK-YOU to Amazon for maintaining their deliveries, even if they have been a few weeks late...or in my case...they ended up arriving sooner than expected. Packages have not been crushed or the like, maybe a few scuffs here and there. But nothing major. Yeah, toilet paper is still a magical find on Amazon Prime, but it seems to be getting better. I got a rag and running water.

If Amazon was not shipping products to those living in the United States, I think we'd even be in worse shape. Their logistics is the best I've seen, and packages manage to work their way to my doorstep, even in the middle of the worst national interruption that has ever hit. I know many elderly are ordering products, and getting those products is essential, and keeps them at home, and keeps them safer.

If anyone has any other Kudos To Amazon, feel free to add them...
Old 04-03-20, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Re: Kudos To Amazon Thread (Short-lived? Maybe)

Back when the word about people buying toilet paper at the store started circulating, I jumped on Amazon to order some. I wanted Charmin and I didn't want to settle to whatever was available. It wasn't supposed to be shipped until the end of the month (this was the start of the month, which was fine). The next day I got a notice that it will be delivered in a couple days.
Old 04-03-20, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 798 Likes on 566 Posts

I have been an Amazon customer since 2003, and I have very few complaints about its service. 99.9% of my orders are fast, cheap, extremely convenient, and unproblematic. Amazon should have better quality-control when it comes to off-brand products and self-published books (many of which are utter shite), but one learns to avoid self-published books like the plague, and to be careful with generic products.
All that being said, I have great internal torment about being an Amazon customer because of its predatory business practices, which I, as a customer, am thus endorsing. If it were a company with a social conscience, owned and run by people with social consciences, I would be a less self-loathing customer. As it stands, I'm highly inclined to stop buying from Amazon and support other, smaller, local retailers, but Amazon makes it too easy. I would like for antitrust charges to be brought against Amazon, and to ultimately see it broken up.
The following users liked this post:
joe_b (04-04-20)
Old 04-04-20, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 547 Likes on 340 Posts

I have been ordering a lot of cat food from amazon recently since I can't find it at the stores and don't want to go out. They have been delivering it overnight and packaged well. My kitties are appreciative. Now if they would just quit smashing my CD and BD cases.
Old 04-05-20, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

I appreciate Amazon’s free return policy on select items. Most other online retailers deduct the return shipping when you make a mail order return.
Old 04-05-20, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 798 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
I appreciate Amazon’s free return policy on select items. Most other online retailers deduct the return shipping when you make a mail order return.
So do I, and it's so bloody easy to just print out the shipping label and send it off.