Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Ordered Pitch Black, received American Beauty

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Ordered Pitch Black, received American Beauty

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-00, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, the wizards at buy.com are at it again -- the invoice said PB-unr, but AB was in the box. Got off the phone with CS, and was issued a prepaid RMA. Will take another week, but I guess that's OK.

Any other experiences like this?
Old 10-27-00, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I have. You just tell them you never received your package and you want it re-sent. It's not "technically" untrue...

Just kidding. It is a pain, but we have to grant them a little slack once in a while. I had to call about 10 times to get my Leon replacement disc actually sent. In the end, I got my original purchase price refunded and the new disc sent free, so I'm not really complaining too much.
Old 10-27-00, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
In over 400 orders I've had only two errors. One from buy.com where I got Austin Powers 2 instead of Kingpin and once from Barnes and Noble where I got someone else's order completely. Both took a little time to replace (a few weeks) but got them replaced minimum hastle.

------------------
I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Old 10-27-00, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only if it was back in the day a long long time ago. When I ordered a lot online (Bigstar and Reel)
I had a few "mistakes" like that. And everytime they said they would ship out a new one right away, and as an apology keep the other that they sent!!!