Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Any one traded in DVDs at Spun.com?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Any one traded in DVDs at Spun.com?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-00, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just traded in I Still Know . . . and Stargate (double-sided, it really sux), which came free from Target w/ my DVD player for Paths of Glory at Spun.com. Has anyone traded in DVDs there before? My I Still Know is kind of scuffed and the Stargate has one long but very shallow scratch. Both work fine. But does anyone know how picky they are about trade-ins? They say that if they reject a trade-in, they will ship it back to you at your expense. Should I just pay the difference and not bother with the trade in?
Old 10-27-00, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GH, here's what it states in the e-mail they send you when you place an order:

Check the items you are sending to Spun for missing artwork,skipping, major scratches or chipped discs. These items will not be accepted and will be returned to you (upon request) at your cost. Broken jewel boxes are OK but you will be charged $0.25 per box.

---

I've used Spun.com maybe around 20 times or so in the past year so and they don't seem to be TOO picky. But mostly I've traded CDs. The only one I remember them not accepting is my copy of 'Rattle and Hum' - and it was somewhat beat up.

So that's my two cents.

Also, I do know from a friend that uses them quite a bit as well that lately they've been attaching a large bar-code sticker similar to the label used on the top of all CDs and DVDs, again, just bigger.

It's kinda of a pain to get off of the snapper cases (if you're buying used - which almost always like new or better), but you just have to watch what you're doing he said.