Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anybody have Toy Story:UTB ship from SamGoody.com/MediaPlay.com?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anybody have Toy Story:UTB ship from SamGoody.com/MediaPlay.com?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-00, 01:38 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine is still listed as being on back order. They usually ship on the Sat. before street date (as they did for my James Bond #3 Set). I've had this on pre-order for over 3 months. Anybody have any info.?
Old 10-16-00, 03:25 PM

Mine still shows on backorder also. I called and the csr didn't know s**t! I think they outsource their csr service to another company.
Old 10-16-00, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My copy shipped Friday 10/13 via Priority and was waiting on me when I got home tonight along with the James Bond 3 set.

My only complaint is that the box sets come in a padded envelope so there is some damage to the corners, but oh well.

Gotta go watch some DVDs. BTW, I ordered my copies on 9/17.

Old 10-17-00, 03:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was on my way here to post this exact question. I also pre-ordered it 3 months ago, during a 10% gift card deal. I snooped around the "help" section of the site, hoping to find a way to cancel the order, since I could get it at Best Buy for the same price, and then use my giftcard for something else. But alas, it doesn't look like cancelling will be very easy. Guess I'll let it go, and hopefully it will ship soon.

The two Jurassic Park movies were also in the order, so this wait is extra torturous! ;(

JiM T
Old 10-17-00, 03:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just read this on DVD Resource:

(The UTB was late to replication, so you may have to get a rain-check for a few days...but believe me, it will be well worth the wait.)

So maybe that explains why samgoody has been slow to ship to some (most?) of us.

JiM T
Old 10-17-00, 03:02 PM

Just got this in e-mail:

Dear Toy Story Fan,

Thank you for your recent order of the Toy Story Collector's Edition". We appreciate your business!

We are sorry to inform you that the collector's edition (10/17/00 street date) has been delayed by Buena Vista due to an
unexpected production issue. While we're not certain when the exact street date
will be, we feel it may be as early as Friday, the 20th (10/20/00).

We regret the delay, but trust you understand the situation is beyond our control. We will ship your order as quickly
as the product is made available. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Customer Service
MLG Internet, Inc.

(MLG Internet, Inc. is: SamGoody.com, OnCue.com, MediaPlay.com, and Suncoast.com)
Old 10-20-00, 12:14 PM

Mine is still on backorder. Did anyone receive theirs yet?
Old 10-20-00, 01:55 PM
Suspended

Mine is still on backorder at SamGoody.com. I decided to buy the set at a B&M MediaPlay and thought I would get a refund using the receipt when/if my SamGoody.com UTB ever arrives. I was told initially that they might ship as soon as today (10/20). I called today to get an update and was told that they shipped product for about half of their orders but were at the mercy of their vender for the rest of their orders. If you paid by gift card, like I did, and cancel your order, they will mail you another gift card for that amount. What kills me is, all the local B&M MediaPlays and Suncoast stores(under the parent company Musicland)in my area appear to have plenty of copies while their online store have none at this point.
Old 10-22-00, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My order status has changed to Shipped. Hopefully it will be here by Monday or Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it, as I got a chance to briefly look through the set yesterday and it's awesome.
Old 10-23-00, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got mine today. Only about a week late.

Ratguy
Old 10-23-00, 08:59 PM
Suspended

I also got mine today (about a week late). Since Samgoody.com uses padded envelopes to ship, the box corners got damaged. I used the receipt from my previous Mediaplay (B&M) UTB purchase to get a refund on this set that I got in the mail today. The difference in price was about $11.
Old 10-23-00, 09:20 PM

I rec'd mine today also. One corner was damaged.