Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

"From Dusk Til Dawn" - What the hell is up with Express?....

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

"From Dusk Til Dawn" - What the hell is up with Express?....

Old 10-13-00, 11:04 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that it's been reported that Express are having problems with their suppliers, but after seeing their site today, I feel like throwing my hat in...

I have only one current order with them, for "Final Destination" and "From Dusk Till Dawn (2 disc set)". Since they were having problems with deliveries, the From Dusk was promised on their site as being delivered today. Now it is showing, NEXT DELIVERY, SEPT 20th and my order is still listed as a BACKORDER. Maybe they got some and over the weekend, they may ship my order.

Normally, I would have cancelled the order and gone somewhere else, but when I placed the order, I used Brands For Less and DASH, for rebates and shipping, and I don't want to interfere with those, YET!! Although, I think that may be the last time I use Express (to send to Ireland).

Has anyone else received their "From Dusk Till Dawn" recently from Express?
I did spot that one guy said he got his on Wednesday.

Answers and opinions would be welcome!
Old 10-14-00, 12:21 AM
Banned

I had my FDTD on order from them for months. The status went to backorder so I cancelled and went with buy.com and got it within a few days. Sorry this doesn't help much. I say cancel!
Old 10-14-00, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Youre not gonna like this, but I had my disc ship end of last week from Express and it arrived a couple of days ago. Maybe with their money problems, they only had a limited number of copies?
Old 10-14-00, 09:55 AM

I too am waiting for From Dusk till Dawn from Express. As long as they ship it eventually then I guess I'm ok with it. I wasn't planning on watching it right away anyway, plus all the complaints and problems with the disc, I feel atleast a little better not getting it from the initial shipment, even if it's just psychological.

see ya
Old 10-16-00, 06:52 AM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Same here...
Ordered Army of Darkness DC and Dusk till Dawn somewhere in July (!) and my FDTD is still on backorder so I thought 'screw it' and cancelled the order and re-ordered from Amazon. I also had a $10 Referal and BFL added but since I received a BFL e-mail (don't know why) that my order doesn't qualify I think that the chances aren't high I'll ever receive the rebate.

jonathan.e (just curious): when did you order FDTD?
Old 10-20-00, 11:31 PM
Cool New Member

I waited until the 20th, as stated that their next delivery date of the title, and now theeir site says that From Dusk Till Dawn: CE's next delivery is the 27th, and my order for the title is still on Back-order.

In reading other replies and threads, other posters have stated that they cancelled their orders and went to other online retailers. Since I live in ireland, many of the US online stores are not viable options, most of the European retailers still don't (for some reason) have the title in stock, and I still have a BFL and Dash rebate outstanding on the order. That's why i am reluctant to cancel. But it definitely is the last time I use Express.

Is it worth contacting their CSR people (by e-mail)? i.e. will it make any difference, in anyone's opinion?

Any comments and answers would be welcome!!
Old 10-21-00, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cancelled mine yesterday and got it at a b&m (the horror).
Old 10-21-00, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by exm:
jonathan.e (just curious): when did you order FDTD?<HR>

June 27. I too was gonna cancel (because of non-anamorphic) but by the time I remembered where Id ordered it, it had shipped.