Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

800.com Overcharges

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

800.com Overcharges

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-00, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My credit card was declined today and it turned out that 800.com had charged my account $10 14 times. 800.com apologized and said it was related to their new software and the $10 coupon. Anyone taking advantage of the $10 off coupon may want to check with their credit card company.
Old 10-12-00, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had used a 10.00 off coupon on Saturday. I guess it was a mistake. I emailed them when when I got shipping email on 10/9 and I was charged the full price from what it said. I got a reply that said the 10.00 off was done later, so far no charges or credits have appeared on my Charlie Schwab Visa and I havent received the order either. Their new web site said I would have it no later than 10/12.
Old 10-12-00, 08:33 PM

EDIT - I should reword what I said - they didn't charge, it's just the temporary hold.. however, I just received received an email that my CC was declined and the order made inactive - the order is for $47, the temporary hold is for $69, and I am far from my credit limit.. This is my first time ordering and I did use the new user coupon, so maybe they're having problems with the coupon.

[This message has been edited by Rain Man (edited October 14, 2000).]
Old 10-13-00, 11:21 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Rain Man -- did you contact our customer support to discuss the issue. If we charged you twice, we definitely want to rectify the situation.

Steve Armbrust
800.com
Old 10-14-00, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the below email reply from them on 10/11. Its now 10/14 and my credit card still has no 10.00 credit. My order status still has the coupon on backorder. I dont remember coupons being done this way at 800.com before, kind of looks like CDUniverse (I think it was) type thing that happend last winter early spring.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Our records indicate that your $10 coupon was on the order it was just invoiced separately. I hope this helps you out. If we can be of any assistance, please feel free to email us or call 1-800-327-5815.

Best regards,

[email protected]

Old 10-14-00, 07:18 AM

My card has been billed for the full amount (not the $10 off amount) and my card shows a pending transaction for the lower amount and 67 (yes sixty-seven) pending charges for $10 each! I guess despite their promises on Thursday they have yet to fix this.