Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Good/Bad shipping Sites?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Good/Bad shipping Sites?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-00, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Two of my three orders have been on "Backordered" since the 27th at TWEC. Said available on the website, WTF? I have used Buy, Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Half and ALL have shipped in a timely fashion. My orders from TWEC and Tower are just sitting. I am really frustrated, Tower sent a response telling me that "backordered" means it could be up to 48 hrs til they ship. They tell me this a WEEK after I ordered. I guess they can't count. The worst thing is that the Tower order isn't even an obscure title or unpopular movie, at least TWEC can say I ordered hard to find titles (I did - I Spit on Your Grave and Cannibal Ferox) but Tower has NO excuse.

I wouldn't mind as much if the shopping carts at these sites didn't specifically say "ships in 24 to 48 hrs". I would pay a few bucks more to actually RECEIVE my orders in less than a month.

Amazon has actually upgraded my shipping for free in the past(I have bought TONS of books there, for years), I know they are not the most popular site on this forum but I have never had a bad experience with them.

So... in my book

Good
Amazon
Buy

Bad
Tower
TWEC

------------------
Further proof of my Obsessive-Compulsion disorder
Old 10-11-00, 03:04 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best:
Outpost

------------------
My Collection
Old 10-11-00, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chapters is great for shipping, I usually get my packages 2-3 days after they ship (IF they ship... 1-2 weeks can mean 6 months)