Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Buy.com support good.. (kind of)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Buy.com support good.. (kind of)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-00, 03:44 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I placed an order a month ago for Jurassic Park and Lost World and since then I changed my credit card. I updated it in my account profile but the order still reflected the old card. (I would have figured this would be changed when my profile changed.)

I tried using the online email servace at buy.com but didn't get any help that way. First I chose the "Order Status" option because that was the most relevant. I figured if I told them the updated info was in my profile that they would be able to fix it. They didn't even address my problem, all they told me was that my DVD's wouldn't be released until Oct. 10 (which I already knew). So I sent a followup question saying the same thing and they said I'd have to call the customer service.

When I called it wasn't bad. Almost immediately I got a person but they had to forward me to billing. I waited 5-10 minutes to speak to somebody in billing and it was extremely painless.

So, Buy.com's online customer service sucks, but if you call them up, they are actually quite helpful (and pleasant).

------------------
DVD-ROM & PC Hardware Moderator
> DVD-ROM FAQ < - > [email protected] <
> MyList < - > MyWebSite < - > AIM: northrupjason <
Old 10-04-00, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My only brush with Buy's CS came when I ordered Evil Dead II using the $10 off $15 Schoolpop coupon but never received it. Three weeks after its release, I emailed Buy asking about the status of the order. This is the response I received two days later:
quote:<HR>Thank you for contacting us at buy.com, the internet superstore.

We are responding to your email regarding order #XXXXXXX. We apologize for the inconvenience of not receiving this order. Your order has been dropped and is not in the system. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience.

However, a consession credit valued at $20.00 has been approved for your next purchase. To receive this $20.00 consession when placing your next order please call buy.com at 888-880-1030 and give them this information.

Thank you for shopping at the internet superstore.

buy.com
<HR>

No complaints here.
Old 10-04-00, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree Jason....when they switched to their new website format....for some reason my orders were not being approved due to a problem with my credit card. I called and they hooked me up with their billing department and found out for some reason the name field under my cc info had been deleted and they fixed the problem in seconds allowing my order to process successfully!!

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 10-04-00, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Calling is usually the best option, followed by online and then email. I think email should be used as a last resort since there is no way of telling whether it has been read and they are looking into it. If you call at least you know if you have got through or not, plus you can get a name so if it is not taken care of you can refer to that CS Rep.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

MY GETTING LONGER BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.