Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anybody with Fong Sai Yuk DVD....please reply

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anybody with Fong Sai Yuk DVD....please reply

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-00, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I just recieved Fong Sai Yuk on DVD in the mail, which I had won off of ebay. Everything is perfect....except there is no booklet in the DVD case. I'm pretty sure it originally had one because 1)what DVDs dont? and 2)There are little hinges on the inside for a booklet.
First of all, it does come with one right? Secondly, is there anything special in it? Do you think it's worth leaving a negative response for? This is kinda pissy.
Old 10-03-00, 05:32 PM
nntu

- I also got mine from eBay and it was sealed and there's no booklet. Was yours sealed?
Old 10-03-00, 05:35 PM

hmm...it was "sealed", but not like any other type of sealing I've seen. The plastic sealing felt a little too loose, if ya know what I mean.

Just curious, who did you buy it from (not just name, but where were they located and whatnot)?
Old 10-03-00, 05:44 PM
Cool New Member

plenty of dvds don't have booklets, and since there's pretty much standard casing, the hinges will often be there...most, if not all, winstar/foxlorber dvds don't have booklets (including the new "hard boiled" & "killer" releases), "pups," "big city blues," "taxman", some other low-budget releases I bought came without (companies like Pm entertainment, avalance, etc.) -- my bet is that it doesn't have a booklet...
Old 10-03-00, 05:44 PM

well tell me this, did the auction you bought it off of look anything like this? :
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...item=442444280
Old 10-03-00, 05:45 PM

eh, maybe you're right kub, although i've never run into a DVD like that. ok thanks, I'll just forget about it and leave some good response.

thanks guys.
Old 10-03-00, 05:52 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am not sure if it has a booklet in it, but many Hong Kong movies do not. What you really should think about is you could get it cheaper from an online store. You paid near 18 bucks for it with shipping. If you had went to www.hivizone.com, you could get it 14 bucks shipped, if it was your first time shopping there, and only 13 dollars and 10 cents shipped if you have shopped there in the past. On top of that, I think you can get it even a dollar cheaper shipped if you had went to www.dddhouse.com. Check these places out, and use ebay for only stuff you can not find anyplace else.

[This message has been edited by foxdvd (edited October 04, 2000).]
Old 10-03-00, 05:56 PM

Actually I couldn't find it anywhere else, I just didn't know about those places.

Btw your first link doesn't work.
Old 10-03-00, 06:57 PM

Got mine at a specialty B&M.......and it had no booklet. BTW, I got FSY2 there too and that one had no booklet either.
Old 10-03-00, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't think of any Hong Kong titles made by Universe that has a booklet in it. In fact, no Hong Kong titles have booklets in them except for Megastar titles. Most have the out-of-date Megastar catalog in them. The exception would the first three Once Upon a Time In China DVDs, which does have a nice Wong Fei Hung anthology booklet in them.

foxdvd is exactly correct as far as saving money. HK-based Internet store prices for FSY is generally around $8-10 before shipping.
Old 10-03-00, 09:05 PM

I have the Hong Kong versions of Fong Sai Yuk 1&2, Tai-Chi Master, and The Killer which all have no booklets in them.
Old 10-04-00, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I own FSY 1 and 2 and neither came with any booklet. Mind you, have the HK movies don't.

------------------
Regards...

John 3:16
Old 10-04-00, 12:07 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
sorry about that..I fixed the link..
Old 10-04-00, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

forgot to mention that OneAsia has it for $8.99US with free shipping if you order 2 more titles to go along with it.