Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Express.com going under??

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Express.com going under??

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-00, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Hoc:
I would, but I don't know anyone else selling the set for $34.80, so I guess I just have to wait.<HR>

So you got that deal also!!! I had ordered it with the misprice but them cancelled it!!!

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 09-27-00, 11:45 AM

I just cancelled all orders consisting of 7 currently available and 8 pre-ordered titles. What pushed me over the edge was their "open order" page. Since I chose the slow shipping option (accumulate all items for a single shipment; my 15 titles were combined in several orders), I have been accustomed to seeing a comment like "preparing to ship" for titles that release earlier than my last available title. This comment has now been replaced by the ominous, undefined term "pending." I say "undefined" because all of their other shipping terms are defined in a little lexicon on the side of the page.

Pending what? Foreclosure? Enough money to buy inventory? A deal with Buy.com to take their customer base and open orders?

Stick a fork in them, they're done.

I still mourn the loss of Reel; the only thing I'll miss about Express is their pre-order pages. Now I have to troll the web for replacements for these orders, probably at higher prices.

------------------
Do you see what a can of worms this portal is? I don't think I can go on living my life as I have lived it.
Old 09-27-00, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I pre-ordered Toy Story 2-pack and Toy Story Ultimate Box with them.

Hope they deliver...
Old 09-28-00, 08:40 AM

StephDunn popsted

"go to dvdjam and try to add an item to your cart - you will find your answer."

Try going to their site at all. It is not there, at least this morning.

Mike
Old 09-28-00, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just went to express to use the BFL $29 off $79 deal which requires ordering in-stock titles not pre-orders and the only way I can make it work is to cancel two titles I have ordered elsewhere as express have virtually nothing in stock. Titles that were released last week and the week before are out of stock with no dates indicated for re-supplies, they don’t even have Final Destination!!!!!

[This message has been edited by jonathan.e (edited September 28, 2000).]
Old 09-28-00, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jonathan.e:
[b]Just went to express to use the BFL $29 off $79 deal which requires ordering in-stock titles not pre-orders and the only way I can make it work is to cancel two titles I have ordered elsewhere as express have virtually nothing in stock. Titles that were released last week and the week before are out of stock with no dates indicated for re-supplies, they don’t even have Final Destination!!!!!

Sounds like Express.com is experiencing serious financial difficulty!!! Would not be surprised to see them go out of business by the end of the year.

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife

[This message has been edited by djones6746 (edited September 29, 2000).]
Old 09-28-00, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'd preordered Omen Collection from Reel.com many moons ago and it was transfered late like everyone else's was to Buy.com. Still one would figure we would be first in line since Buy.com didn't have Omen Collection on their site until shortly before they transfered them over. I just had mine ship yesterday. Funny, because just up until a few days ago, Omen at Buy.com was listed as in stock and shipping with 24-48 hours. Now it's showing up as "On Order" availability on their site and it ships. Go figure!

------------------
- DVDealer

[This message has been edited by DVDealer (edited September 28, 2000).]
Old 09-28-00, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

brez

both dvdjam and divadee appear to be no longer online.
Old 09-28-00, 11:25 PM
Registered

I have revised Express.com's rating based on your comments here in the forum.

Geoff