Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVDEmpire dead?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-00, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having isses with my orders, which are not being handled by CS. Emails have been ignored, or answered a week later promising they'll look into the situation. It has been 3 weeks since I started ordering there, 5 orders have been archived (they wanted a copy of the CC and billing statement, I immediately sent them, but after 3 weeks the orders are still archived), and my preorders of Edward Scissorhands and The Fly/The FlyII have never been in stock. I got SteveN to forward my complaint to his dvdempire contact there, and she did reply, but with the usual "we'll look into it". She told me several people left, but I didn't realize it was the whole staff (sarcasm). And it looks like she left too (sarcasm too).

It's quite odd really. I actually ordered once before, it was a big order, and everything was fine. They didn't ask for credit card confirmation back then, yet they do now?
Old 09-11-00, 06:18 PM

I know what you mean. It seems that they do not respond to e-mails. You have to call them direct. It really sucks when they tell you to e-mail, and then they ignore it.
Old 09-11-00, 06:23 PM

I'm not calling from europe to the usa With my luck I'll probably be put on hold for 30mins. The only thing I ever liked about whatshotnow.com was their live online help. I can't remember if Reel.com had it too since I never needed to contact CS (except for their blooper with 2001: A Space Odyssey, but that's another story I'm saving for a rainy day).
Old 09-11-00, 06:54 PM

They seem to answer the phone right away, its the e-mails that they can't handle.
Old 09-13-00, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've had the same sort of problems as well. Maybe their mail server is stuffed?

Please keep us informed.

------------------
Regards...

John 3:16