Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

2 dvds in a BIG a$$ box / 5 dvds in a little box

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

2 dvds in a BIG a$$ box / 5 dvds in a little box

Old 09-02-00, 12:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it normal for Amazon to ship 2 dvd's in a big A$$ box? My first order (T2 & Boogie Nights) from amazon arrived yesterday. The package was so big I had to pick it up at the post office today.

I've received 2 packages (seperate days) of 5 dvds each from ch and both would fit right in the standard size mail box.

It's just an inconvenience to ride down to the post office for my movies, when they should be at home waiting on me in the mailbox. Should I expect the same with one movie in an order? Has anyone contacted amazon about the oversized packaging?

Thanks

Jonathan

------------------
36 free dvd's / 35 under $10 / the rest....I can't believe what I paid for them!!
Old 09-02-00, 01:00 AM

Amazon has started their large boxes for everything for a while. I got two CDs in a large box once.

Not complaining though, as they are pretty protective of the stuff inside.
Old 09-02-00, 01:24 AM
Banned

quote:<HR>Originally posted by lwdog:
Amazon has started their large boxes for everything for a while. I got two CDs in a large box once.

Not complaining though, as they are pretty protective of the stuff inside.
<HR>

You must not have to pick your package up at the post office? ...either that or the post office is on the way to the job, etc...

Jonathan

Old 09-02-00, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Actually, Amazon usually ships single DVDs via USPS in a very small cardboard box/envelope. It's only on bigger orders that they go to the big box. Actually, I just received a two disc order and it wasn't too big. Maybe it varies by the warehouse it was sent from.

------------------
I can't believe I ate the whole thing