Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Credit problems with Amazon,anyone else?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Credit problems with Amazon,anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-00, 05:29 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been having a terrible time dealing with Amazon.com over both of my credit cards. All are rejected. Yet when I call the cc company and my bank all is well. I went out to lunch and paid with CC with no problems and I took the other card to ATM machine and got out cash with no problems. This is so frustrating and Amazon customer support is no help. They say they do not ever know why a card is rejected.

I checked the numbers,my name and the expiration date, all are correct.

The shame is I used gift certificates and all my balances are between 45 cents and 95 cents. This has been two movies in a row.

Is there anyone out there with simmilar problems? Any ideas for a solution? Any idea what could be wrong.

Many other purchases have been made online with other companies with no problems at all.

thanks,at least I got to vent.

Gosh I miss Reel.com.
Old 09-01-00, 07:16 PM

It happened to me with CDNow almost everytime my balance was below $1. I don't know if it's the credit card company's policy or the store's policy. I just called up customer service and they would give me the credit for that amount to bring the balance to 0. They don't care since it is too little anyway.
Old 09-01-00, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only thing I can think of is the address.
It has to match or it will be rejected.
Old 09-01-00, 07:20 PM
Cool New Member

Vernie, I think you are right. It happens when the balance is less than a dollar. Both times I called cust. service and they made it a zero charge and sent it through. It is just such a hassel.

Old 09-01-00, 09:47 PM

I doubt the problem is the address match - I've used different addresses for shipping with Amazon (I usually have them deliver to my office, since I live in a secure building) and there's never a problem. Sometimes a slight verification delay, but never an outright failure.