Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon Anti-Bargain - DVDs ABOVE Retail Price

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon Anti-Bargain - DVDs ABOVE Retail Price

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-00, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got an email from amazon relating to a query I sent them about them asking more than the fox specified retail price on the Fly/Fly 2 box set. Amazon are asking about $27, where Fox have set the retail price as $24.95. Amazon are still listing the retail as the previously specified price from Fox of $34.95, and not the fox reduced retail price ($24.95), so I wrote to ask them what is going on, and why they are asking more than the new retail price.

I got an answer back from them ignoring the question altogether, and saying that they don't have a price matching policy. Didn't actually say why they are asking MORE than the retail price....

Given the title is released tuesday, I'm wondering if they are intent on ripping customers off.
Old 09-01-00, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I read that someone in another thread had the reply that Amazon have not officially been contacted about the lowering of the MSRP. See other threads in the on-line store forum for instances where Amazon is also charging a surcharge on top of the purchase price. As this is an anti-bargain - moving to On-Line Store forum.

[This message has been edited by jonathan.e (edited September 01, 2000).]
Old 09-01-00, 11:52 PM

Tanks for that - I'll have to get into the habit of looking at more other forums here...

I wish amazon had have told me that in their response, and I would have avoided bothering everyone.